Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory has an opening for a Deputy Electrical Safety Officer in the Environment Health and Safety (EH&S) Division. The Deputy Electrical Safety Officer will provide expert-level electrical safety assistance to the Research Divisions to maintain elements of the Electrical Safety Program and oversee staff performing complex
electrical work on conventional and scientific equipment. This role will also provide solutions to complex EH&S program related issues in the areas of Electrical Safety and Electrical Lockout/Tagout. Responsibilities include developing, planning, evaluating, and managing a broad range of unique Electrical Safety Program projects and policies, including program information systems, training, and technical assurance.
What You Will Do:
- Partner with the Laboratory Electrical Safety Officer to manage the Berkeley Lab Electrical
Safety Program. Serve as an alternate AHJ for Electrical Safe Work Practices and Electrical
Equipment when delegated.
- Review and approve Electrical Safe Work Plans, perform annual work practice audits of all Qualified Electrical Workers, and participate in annual self assessments in the areas of Electrical Safety and Lockout/Tagout for Research Divisions.
- Prepare technical reports based on the expert interpretation of data, observations, and current regulations. Contribute to the completion and submission of Performance Indicators to the Department of Energy (DOE).
What is Required:
- Bachelors in Electrical Engineering, Occupational Safety, Science or a related specialty field, and a minimum of 7 years of relevant professional experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- NFPA 70E Certified Electrical Safety Compliance Professional (CESCP) or ability to obtain certification within 1 year.
- Expert knowledge and work experience in the detection and control of hazards involved with technologies in a research environment. Expert knowledge of OSHA, NFPA 70E, ANSI, and other pertinent federal, state, and local regulatory requirements within a multi-program National Laboratory.
How To Apply
Apply directly online at http://188.8.131.52/counter.php?id=184477 and follow the on-line instructions to complete the application process. Equal Employment Opportunity: Berkeley Lab is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action
Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, or protected veteran status. Berkeley Lab is in compliance with the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision under 41 CFR 60-1.4