Want to be part of something big? As an employee of the National Fire Protection Association, you are working toward truly making a difference all over the world. You play a key role in keeping first responders safe, helping to provide architects with guidelines for building design and safety, providing education to children in schools, and so much more. Employees at NFPA bring a collective passion to work every day as together, they contribute toward solving the fire problem…all while being offered great benefits, including a generous 403(b) match and an on-site fitness center.
Want to make a difference? Join Us.
NFPA is seeking an inspirational and innovative team builder to lead all functions within our Public Education and Wildland groups and to oversee NFPA’s exciting new relationship with the National Fire and Life Safety Center (NFLSC) and NFPA Heroes Experience. If selected for the role, you’ll be responsible for all internal and external public education messaging, program development and implementation, and serve as the primary public education expert and voice for NFPA. Whew! Talk about an invigorating opportunity!
A Little Bit About You:
- You have demonstrated knowledge and experience when it comes to educating the public and your outreach practices are innovative and fresh.
- You can expertly navigate the world of the Fire Service, and related safety organizations.
- Your passion for working with residents and local and state officials, including fire and forestry professionals, is clear and contagious.
- Community Risk Reduction practices are familiar ground for you, and you enjoy building programs to share this knowledge and expertise.
- You are well-versed in learning theory and modalities, understand how children, older adults and every age in between learn and comprehend information and the idea of applying that knowledge cross-culturally and in a global setting gets your heart pumping.
- You are proactive and knowledgeable in your development of communications strategies that drive toward program outcomes.
- You are positively curious and want to understand the mission and goals of NFPA, and how you can make an impact as part of our team.
The Nitty Gritty:
- Develop and drive the overall strategy and approach to public education for NFPA.
- Manage a passionate and driven (and fabulous) team of staff to achieve specific public education outcomes.
- Ensure that there is consistent messaging surrounding Public Education across all NFPA platforms.
- Contribute to and lead NFPA's efforts around Community Risk Reduction.
- Lead the exciting integration of NFPA activities into the National Center for Fire and Life Safety.
Apply for this Job