We are currently seeking a Fire Protection Designer to join our Fire Protection Team located in our Atlanta Corporate office. This position reports directly to the Director of Fire Protection Engineering & Code Services and will serve as a fire protection systems Designer to support our State registered Fire Protection Engineers (FPE).
This position requires the ability to:
- Collaborate in a Team environment with a positive and helpful attitude,
- Take direction from Director and FPE’s, Fire Protection Technologists, and other Designers,
- Create accurate, complete and code compliant CAD/Revit design drawings and project specifications for fire sprinkler, fire alarm, mass notification and special hazards systems,
- Self-start and work with minimal supervision,
- Effectively manage design tasks, project schedules and deadlines.
If you are self-motivated, goal and detail oriented, take pride and responsibility for your work, and want to advance your career by working alongside of experienced Fire Protection Engineers with a qualified and experienced A/E Firm that appreciates you and your ambitions, look no further.
This opportunity is ideal for experienced Designers who wish to grow their career with fellow Fire Protection professionals and a firm dedicated to individual professional growth in an environment centered on team participation. Considerations for this position must be authorized to work in the US.
- NICET Certified Level III – Water-Based Systems Layout / Fire Alarm Systems / Special Hazards.
- Certified Fire Protection Specialist (CFPS) credential is a differentiator.
- 10+ years’ experience in the Fire Protection field.
- Proficient in AutoCAD / Revit.
- Practical experience with HASS calculation software / Word / Excel / etc.
- Clear and effective verbal and written Communication skills.
- Excellent working knowledge of NFPA Codes and Standards. Familiarity of ICC Codes and UFC is a differentiator.
- Must be able to obtain Governmental clearances, especially for DoD installations and facilities.
Contact POND AT: ButtsC@pondco.com