Sanders Fire & Safety, located in Mechanicville, NY, is an industry leader in the design, installation and maintenance of low voltage systems and has been in business since 1933. SFS has fostered and continues to develop its reputation as an innovative technology leader and full service provider for customers throughout upstate New York and the Metro NY areas. Our integrated alarm solutions include video surveillance, access control, emergency communications, intrusion alarm, fire alarm, central monitoring and room integrity services. We are currently looking to hire a Full-Time Alarm Systems Technician (Albany NY area primary). Please see requirements below:
Job Description: Perform installation /service and maintenance of Fire Alarm, Fire Suppression systems, Emergency Call, Access Control Systems, Video / CCTV, and intrusion alarm systems at various client locations. Fire Alarm and/or Suppression experience a PLUS!
The Systems Technician will:
• Have knowledge of current State/National Fire and Electrical Codes
• Have database management skills /Computer literate
• Work with blueprints, take offs and as-builts
• Install cabling, security, fire alarm, suppression system components and perform final connections
• Display strong troubleshooting and problem solving techniques
• Program IP video / CCTV, access control, intrusion, fire alarm, suppression and other security system solutions.
Systems Technician Individual Requirements:
• Clean drug screening
• Possess a valid driver’s license and a good driving record
• Occasionally lift an 80 lb. extension ladder
• Work 15 to 25 feet above ground
• Familiar with and able to effectively use hand and power tools
• Flexibility to work overtime, travel overnight, and on-call services as needed
• Ability & desire to learn about our products and services
Our ideal Systems Technician will have 2+ years of hands on experience with a strong understanding of fire systems solutions and be highly motivated with an eye towards quality. Our candidate will be well organized with good written and oral communication skills and be able to work independently. If you are looking to join a dynamic and professional team then we would like to meet you!
Sanders Fire & Safety is an equal opportunity employer.
This position offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience with an excellent benefit package including health care, paid vacation, and a 401K and profit sharing plan. Applicants can email resume to Bill Morris at email@example.com