Becoming the leader in the fire and security industry takes talent—yours. We are looking for Fire Sprinkler Designers in Indianapolis, IN to join our best of the best team as we drive the industry forward and pursue excellence in everything we do. If you’re up to the challenge, we want to talk to you.
At Koorsen, we don’t provide jobs, we provide careers. A career at Koorsen includes competitive pay, a great health package, an annual bonus program, life insurance, continuous learning offerings, matching 401k, paid holidays, generous PTO, tuition reimbursement, career growth opportunities, and much more.
Whether you are taking your first step or your next step, you’ll find that a career at Koorsen Fire & Security is a rewarding, exciting, empowering, friendly, and inspiring time. While the Koorsen Fire & Security family has grown by leaps and bounds from its humble beginnings in 1946, it is still very much a family. Join the family today and help us continue to grow stronger and better every day.
Fire Sprinkler Designer
Complete design of fire sprinkler systems, from layout, hydraulics, survey and fabrication
Ideal Candidate will have a strong background in the fire protection industry with experience in layout and design, knowledge of NFPA, IBC and Hydracad.
Duties and Responsibilities
Design Responsibility (75%)
- Prepare project drawings, specifications and schematics required to support the installation of fire protection systems
- Perform Hydraulic Calculations, Flow tests etc.
- Stock list drawings for fabrication
- Service customer project needs to specifications
- Assist with maintaining established customers and developing new business.
Project Management Responsibility (25%)
- Maintain project drawing files, and associate records, and documentation tracking& maintaining as-built drawings.
- Coordinate project needs with other Koorsen staff and CAD technicians overseeing code compliance and design.
- Timely completion and processing of required paperwork.
- Attend job meeting and coordination meetings as needed per job.
- Other duties as assigned by manager.
- Follow Koorsen safety rules
- Follow Koorsen policies and procedures.
- Ensure timely and professional communication with coworkers, customers and vendors.
- Represent Koorsen in a professional manner.
Education and Experience Requirements
- High school diploma or GED equivalent and 4 years related work experience OR
- Associate or Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or CAD technical school with 2 years’ work related experience.
- Experience with IBC and NFPA code standards.
Knowledge and Skills Requirements
- with Hydracad, Hydracalc, Hydralist.
- NICET Level 3 in water based systems layout.
- Knowledge of REVIT and X-REF’s, Navisworks
Must possess required knowledge and be able to explain and demonstrate, with or without reasonable accommodations, that the essential functions of the job can be performed.
- Customer oriented interpersonal skills.
- Excellent communication and telephone skills.
- Electrical and/or mechanical knowledge and abilities.
- Ability to perform sprinkler flow calculations.
- Willing and able to attend training sessions.
- Must have or be able to obtain any required Certification.
- Must be able to read, write, speak and comprehend acceptable business English.
- Must have above average mathematical skills.
- Must have above average CAD ability in both speed and efficiency in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be proficient with Excel and other Microsoft Office computer skills.
- Valid driver’s licenses with acceptable driving record
- The ability to pass a background check
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to sit, stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with arms.
NOTICE TO APPLICANTS:
Please review the following to ensure that you are aware of key information for all applicants. If you have questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer: Koorsen Fire & Security, Inc. considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran's status, or any other legally protected status. Family Medical Leave Act: Koorsen Fire & Security, Inc. meets all regulations for complying with the Family Medical Leave Act. E-Verify and Workers Rights: Koorsen Fire & Security Inc. participates in E-Verify to confirm work authorization. The E-Verify and workers' rights notice are available in English and Spanish. Accommodation Requests: If you are an applicant with a disability and need an accommodation during the application process, please contact us at email@example.com. Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws. Privacy Agreement: Please be aware of the following when answering conviction-related questions: Applicants should not disclose convictions that have been expunged, sealed, or statutorily eradicated; Misdemeanor convictions for which probation has been successfully completed or discharged and the case has been judicially dismissed; or Any referrals to a diversion program.
HIRING PROCESS (in addition to an interview):
- New hires must complete the I-9 Verification form with 3 days of hire. This form is required by the U.S. Department of Justice and Immigration and Immigration and Naturalization Services and is used to verify your identity and right to work in the United States. In addition, we verify employment eligibility via E-Verify.
- Background checks with criminal courts, state and county repositories of criminal records, the Department of Motor Vehicles, are required of all Positions.
- Tests for Evidence of Substance Abuse by way of urinalysis test is required if this application results in an offer of employment.
To Apply: Click Here