Are you an artist between the ages of 6 - 18 or know someone who is? If so, then you don't want to miss out on NFPA's Firewise calendar contest. Enter your "hottest" artwork on the theme of "Wildfire Preparedness: Living Compatibly with Nature" for publication in our 2015 Firewise calendar, and have an opportunity to win an Amazon gift card!
Here's what you need to do to be a part of the contest:
- With your parent or guardian, read the Contest Rules and download the Entry Form.
- Create a drawing showing a wildfire or an activity, event or project that highlights wildland fire safety or something that helps keep wildland firefighters safer.
- An entry must be either the original drawing on a 12” x 18” white poster board or sturdy construction paper, mailed flat and labeled on the back with the Participant’s first name and last initial.
- Don’t like to draw? Create an original artwork on the wildfire theme and take a really good photograph of it. The photograph of the original drawing or other original artwork should be in .jpeg or .tif format of at least 300 dpi and at least 1 megabyte in size in portrait or landscape format. Put the photograph on a CD labeled with the Participant’s first name and last initial.
- Fill out the Entry Form and follow the Contest Rules to send your drawing or photograph to the folks at the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) so they receive it by June 2, 2014.
- Find out who won a spot in the calendar and a $25 Amazon gift card by checking on www.firewise.org aound June 13, 2014. And of course, NFPA will tell you if you are a winner!
Read the complete rules for the contest.
Start today! We can't wait to see all of the great work you do!