Remembering When Conference 2015
NFPA will select up to 30 teams to participate in the expenses-paid Remembering When™ Scholarship Conference, which will take place in San Antonio, Texas, November 14-16. Those who are interested in building local fire and fall prevention programs for older adults are encouraged to get their teams organized. The application period opens on Monday, June 20th. For the first time, applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Participants will receive training to reach older adults through group presentations and home visits. NFPA is looking to train 2- or 3-person teams who are:
- excited to help older adults reduce injuries from fires and falls.
- committed to building a community outreach program.
- enthusiastic about strengthening partnerships to support older adults.
Each Remembering When scholarship is valued at more than $4,000 and includes in addition to the training workshop for each team:
- airfare to and from San Antonio & shuttle transportation to and from the hotel.
- lodging at the Drury Plaza Hotel San Antonio Riverwalk on November 14 and 15, 2016.
- a networking reception on the evening of November 14, 2016.
- breakfast, lunch, and snacks throughout the training.
- ongoing support from NFPA for program implementation.
The application period will close at noon on Monday, August 15, 2016. Teams should submit one complete application packet. Application packets will be reviewed as they are received. Submission date will be considered when choosing between similarly rated applicants.