This week, the application period opened for NFPA’s Remembering When™ Conference scholarship awards. The conference is scheduled for November 14-16, 2016, at Drury Hotel, San Antonio, Texas.
Don’t delay! The application deadline is noon, Monday, August 15, 2016. Application packets will be reviewed as received. The submission date will be considered when choosing between similarly rated applicants.
NFPA is committed to helping communities reduce fire and fall injuries and deaths among older adults through the Remembering When™ Program. NFPA will select teams from up to 25 communities to attend the Conference.
Participants will receive training to reach older adults through group presentations and home visits.
We are looking to train 2- or 3-person teams that are:
- excited to help older adults reduce injuries from fires and falls.
- committed to building a community outreach program.
- enthusiastic about strengthening partnerships to support older adults.
Each Remembering When scholarship is valued at more than $4,000 and includes:
- a training workshop in San Antonio from November 14–16, 2016, for each team.
- airfare to and from San Antonio & shuttle transportation to and from the hotel.
- lodging at the Drury Plaza Hotel San Antonio Riverwalk on November 14 and 15, 2016.
- a networking reception on the evening of November 14, 2016.
- breakfast, lunch, and snacks throughout the training.
- ongoing support from NFPA for program implementation.
New this year is a mobile app that will help Remembering When facilitators collect data and determine program impact at the local level. Remembering When Scholarship winners will be among the first trained to use this technology.
We want to hear from you! It's easy to comment on posts: just look for the log in link above to log in or register for your free account on Xchange. Xchange is more than a blog; it's an online community that connects
you with peers worldwide and directly with NFPA staff. Get involved today!