NFPA is selecting teams to participate in the expenses-paid Conference, which will take place in San Antonio,
Texas, November 14-16. Those who are interested in building local fire and fall prevention programs for older
adults are encouraged to get their teams organized. Participants will receive training to reach older adults through
group presentations and home visits. NFPA is looking to train 2- or 3-person teams who are:
- excited to help older adults reduce injuries from fires
- committed to building a community outreach program.
- enthusiastic about strengthening partnerships to
support older adults.
Each Remembering When scholarship is valued at more than $4,000 and includes in addition to the training workshop for each team:
- airfare to and from San Antonio & shuttle
transportation to and from the hotel.
- lodging at the Drury Plaza Hotel San Antonio Riverwalk
on November 14 and 15, 2016.
- a networking reception on the evening of November 14,
- breakfast, lunch, and snacks throughout the training.
- ongoing support from NFPA for program implementation.
The application period will close at noon on Monday, August 15, 2016. Teams should submit one complete application packet. Application packets will be reviewed as they are received.
We want to hear from you! It's easy to comment on posts: just look for the log in link above to log in or register for your free account on Xchange. Xchange is more than a blog; it's an online community that connects you with peers worldwide and directly with NFPA staff. Get involved today!