Presidents Message

Document created by Raymond Walker on Jan 8, 2017
Version 1Show Document
  • View in full screen mode

President’s Message

Welcome to another edition of your Quarterly and thanks for reading my thoughts and comments as your President as we all move into 2017 together.

In case you missed them I encourage you to take a few minutes and visit the NFPA’s Xchange and read 2 brief articles that I published there dealing with some challenges facing fire marshals as they enforce fire and life safety codes.

As we enter 2017 I want to encourage everyone to be involved and stay involved with your peers and colleagues and thru them be involved with your local Chapter of IFMA. IFMA is your section within the NFPA family and its success depends on your participation.

Speaking of participation, the 2017 NFPA C&E will be in Boston, Mass this June. In addition to educational seminars and the expo there will be important IFMA activities including a meeting of the IFMA Executive Board, a Chapter Presidents meeting for IFMA chapter Presidents, the annual IFMA Business Meeting, a code and issues forum, and a multi section reception. Watch for announcements and emails with more details as the event approaches.

Now speaking directly to all Chapter Presidents it is important for you to represent your Chapter and to take an active part in these events. I am looking forward to seeing each of you in Boston.

These are only a few of the opportunities available to IFMA members; additionally there are opportunities to serve on technical committees, to take advantage of NFPA materials often available at no charge, and to utilize the NFPA’s Xchange to assist you in communicating with your colleagues, to facilitate research, and to tell everyone about activities and success stories within your community or Chapter.

The IFMA Executive Board is interested in interacting with the Chapters at your events please keep our Executive Secretary Steven Sawyer advised of your upcoming annual meetings or conferences.

If you have any questions or comments please feel free to contact me directly at ray.walker@boltonct.org.

Attachments

Outcomes