Are you in a pinch, and need to know how to get black mold out of carpet? While you may do routine cleaning on your carpet, it’s still possible for them to grow mold if there is moisture present. You can get black molds from the basements, attics, and dark cluttered areas. When moisture comes in contact with black areas, such as after a fire, it can spread to other areas of your home including carpets. But you need to deal with it fast to prevent further spreading. Here are a few tips that can help you to remove black mold from your carpet.
How to get Black Mold out of Carpet - Avoid Additional Fire Hazard
If the amount of mold is small, you can remove it yourself. If the mold covers a large area, professional officials from Memphis Clean recommend replacing your carpet or hiring professionals to disinfect and extract the bacteria spores. Here is a method to help get black mold out of carpet.
- For cleaning, take your carpet outside and then lay it on a large surface for better convenience
- Use your garden hose to spread water on the carpet
- When the area is wet, you can spray a cleaning solution like baking soda or vinegar on the mold. Take full water in a spray bottle and then add 1/4 of baking soda or 1/4 of vinegar and the mix them properly. After mixing, you can spray the solution on the affected area.
- Use a scrub brush to scrub the area thoroughly
- Now you can rinse your carpet completely
- Use a wet vacuum to vacuum your rug and to ensure proper drying up
- Once it is dried up completely, you need to use a HEPA filtered vacuum to remove all the mold spores.
Why Mold is a Fire Hazard
If a fire is put out by water, this can lead to possible mold growth. This is because the heat produced by the extinguished fire is a perfect environment for mold to grow in. This growth is most likely to happen in the first 48 hours after the fire is out. If your home has recently had a fire, you should start the restoration process as soon as possible. This is so you can prevent mold growth in addition to the other health hazards after a house fire.
It is good to how to get black mold out of carpet in the instance some appears after a fire. The above methods can revive your carpet and remove black mold. Keeping your home mold free helps you have one less hazard to worry about from the house fire.