AnsweredAssumed Answered

Does anyone have a good SOP for dealing with a FM 200 discharge?

Question asked by rmuratore on Oct 29, 2019
Latest reply on Oct 31, 2019 by robert.gobert

Does anyone have a good SOP for dealing with a FM 200 discharge? We recently had a still unexplained event that caused a FM 200 discharge in a small computer room. During the discharge, an employee ran into the room and had another employee hold the door open, while he searched for the fire. The open door vented FM 200 into occupied office space. Upon my arrival, I directed him to exit the room and secure the door, his response was to scream; "it's inert, it's safe, it's inert" repeatedly. Since he would not come out and close the door, I evacuated the office workers to fresh air. With the computer room door still open, the FM 200 enter the building HVAC system and was filtered throughout the building. Since the company does not have an SOP to address this situation, I thought I'd compare a few then suggest one for them to use going forward. Given the amount of contradictory information on the web regarding the safety/dangers of FM 200, I feel this would be the best place to get the right answers. 

Outcomes