AnsweredAssumed Answered

Egress and Emergency Lighting

Question asked by krista.scott on Jul 28, 2020
Latest reply on Aug 1, 2020 by milt.werner

Egress Emergency Lighting - I am in a debate over the requirements for Egress and Emergency lighting in a medical clinic renovation project.  This clinic is a occupancy B facility that operates M - F from 7 am to 4 pm and is out patient only.  We have designed emergency lighting so that if you are in a room that has a exit straight to the corridor only the corridor has emergency lights and Exit signs however the client is requesting a ton of additional lighting and labeliong it egress lighting in accordance with NFPA 101 7.9.  My interpretation of this is that we are in compliance and the client is interpreting this code as if this clinic is a hospital with emergency services and in-patient accommodations.  I have attached the drawings where the red infilled boxes are what we feel is required and the single line red squares around a fixture indicates where the client believes we owe them egress lighting with battery back up.  Can you please shed some light on the correct interpretation of this code?

Outcomes