AnsweredAssumed Answered

NICET Level III testing inquiry

Question asked by cmholst on Oct 30, 2020
Latest reply on Oct 30, 2020 by cdafd

This question is coming from a concern that I have over sprinkler riser systems device installation/replacing such as pressure, tamper, water flow, switches and related low voltage devices on any working riser system and the requirement for any technician to be able to perform, and a State licensed Limited Energy technician performing this work. Having the Limited Energy electrical license in the State of WA permits the technician to install only.

The testing, however requires a NICET III certified testing technician to perform.

Our prison facility has no such available licensed individual on site, but do utilize a contractor to perform these tests.


Could someone give me san idea what would be a logical path to licensing that one might follow in order to obtain the NICET level III certification, and would the installation and maintenance of these Limited Energy components over time apply toward the required experience?


Thank you very much,


C. Holst