Skip navigation

News

Forums
felipemartinez1956
I try to found in any NFPA book and internet what is the minimum size of corridor need fire alarm system 19' x 3'-6" (sample). same in Storage Room size 6'-10" x 11'-7".   And the waste room in each floor, that floor is empty, nothing is there - only in the wall a door (chute). why need a smoke detector or any notification appliance if

sebastian.nowak
Dear All,   I would like to ask for advice regarding drain and test connection. According to point 8.17.4.1.4 and figure A.8.17.4.1(b), test connection should be above waterflow switch, does the drain also like in figure A.8.17.4.1(b)? Is backward flow when draining the sprinkler section, could damage waterflow switch?   I would like
Forums
alan.peet
I am being challenged by our work group regarding working on a HV generator set (11kV) that is in close proximity to other operating generators at 11kV within a powerstation.  From NFPA-70E Table 130.7(C)(15)(a) a generator would fall into the "other equipment" category and that the arc flash boundary is 40ft.  Their concern is that they
Forums
b.beil
I am being told by a local code enforcement inspector that I need egress doors which swing out because it is a fourplex.  I do not have an enclosed stairway and the occupant capacity is far less than 50.  Is he wrong?  If so, how would I cite him to the appropriate provision for egress door swings?
Top & Trending
Kyle Koshalek
People who work in agriculture are 8-10 times more likely to die on the job than the average U.S. worker. Unfortunately,  our efforts to prevent such injury and death on farms through policy are met with resistance, meaning most safety improvements must be adopted voluntarily. Unfortunately, inadequate numbers of safety consultants exist