Forums

djenkins3467@gmail.com
Hello:  Residential Application, New Build Home in 2017.  I am asking about the intent of Article 440,  Section 440.14 within the NEC.  This requirement basically provides for a disconnect "...within sight from and readily accessible from the air conditioning or refrigerating equpiment" .  This would normally apply to the condenser as well as the… (Show more)
in Electrical
david.sparkes
What type of breakers are available today that will allow "Double Tapping" in a residential breaker panel?
in Electrical
ashikpn
Click to view contentCan (10xdiameter) length criteria for Fire pump suction pipe be accommodated in Vertical length/ orientation, forming an inverted U section? As indicated in NFPA 20, Section 4.14.6.3 and Figure A.4.14.6. Pump in this case is 3000 GPM and it's suction head is 4 Bar.
in Fire Protection Systems
gentili.laura
Click to view contentHi, my question is about the number of sprinklers to consider in the design area for storage. NFPA 13, version 2019 refers to chapter 27.2.4.4. ESFR Sprinkler Method. For ESFR sprinklers, the design area shall consist of the most hydraulically demanding area of 12 sprinklers, consisting of 4 sprinklers on each of three branch lines, unless other… (Show more)
josephaclaros
we have a client that cannot meet the 10 pipe diameter horizontally on suction side of their fire pump, reason to failed fire pump performance test. We're planning to rerouting the pipe going to upward and then downward vertically just to satisfy the 10 pipe diameter but the set-up of pump is flooded suction. what would be your recommendation or… (Show more)
maridul63
Good morning   I have a US vendor who is installin paneld made in Ahmedabad, India. The contract was closed by my mechanical colleague and he didn´t take too much care about mechanical devices, but now I have panels, junction boxes and a DC motor starter which aren´t UL listed. I want from them at least the field certificate, everywhere I read,… (Show more)
in Electrical
chiefns830
I'm working on a plan review where the extraction room is classified as Class I Div II.   From everything I can pull up, this area would be Class I Div I.  Can anyone shed some light on this for me?  Should I assume - that the engineered ventilation system having so many air changes per hour can reduce the hazard down to Class I Div II ?  Anyone… (Show more)
in Electrical
sbirdkc
NFPA 72 7.5.5. Record Drawings state 7.5.5.1 Record drawings shall consist of current updated and shop drawings reflecting the actual installation of all system equipment, components, and wiring. The question is can someone help clarify what is meant by "actual". I understand wiring and terminations, actual locations of devices, etc. What about… (Show more)
in Code Enforcement
pooriav
Dear Sir/Madam, According to the definition of System Riser in NFPA 13, a system riser is: The aboveground horizontal or vertical pipe that contains a control valve , a pressure gauge, a main drain, and a waterflow alarm device. on the other hand, a Floor Control Valve Assembly also shall contain a control Valve, check Valve, main drain valve… (Show more)
david.sparkes
I recently viewed a home with a garage that had a living space above it. The garage finished ceiling was comprised of 1/4 inch thick, 4 feet by 8 feet long sheets of bead board (pre-primed) Masonite material. The ceiling joists are 2 inch by 8 inch wood joist with a 3/4 inch plywood sub floor applied to the top of them for the living space above.… (Show more)
in Code Enforcement
chiefns830
Would both switches [or whatever is being used to comply with 445.18(B)(2)] get wired to the same exact terminals in the controller?  Or are there separate terminals for each of the switches?
in Electrical
matt.serafini
Hello,   I am being told that the secondary egress from upper floors of my building is inadequate. We have a three story, six unit apartment building with two apartments per each floor. The building is approximately 80-90 years old. The secondary egress is a wooden fire escape / exterior stair accessible from rear windows.   We are being told… (Show more)
in Building & Life Safety
Load more items