Forums

lsteffens57
Can/will someone from the NFPA define/explain exactly what is ment by the term the releasing mechanisms of a door shall not required more than one motion. IE is the turning/twisting of a door knob on an egress door and pushing the door open one or two motions. There is no definition of this term in the definition chapters of NFPA 1 or NFPA 101 nor… (Show more)
in Building & Life Safety
charlesvanmeter
Is 210.52(B)(1) saying the two or more 20 ampere small appliance branch circuits required by 210.11(C)(1) will supply all outlets covered in 210.52(A)? Or does shall serve all wall and floor receptacle outlets covered by 210.52(A) mean something else?
in Electrical
jgresch
This is probably a dumb question,  I have an existing Country Club that is fully sprinklered with a remote FDC, my water supply is approximately  2000 feet away,  they are building a new 2 story pool house which will be sprinklered, I have no sustainable water supply other than laying 2000 feet of 5". as the AHJ I'm requiring them to put a… (Show more)
in Fire Protection Systems
mountainfireprotection1
Does  2019 13D 5.2.2.4 mean that PEX is not allowed to be used if a house has an FDC? The local AHJ requires FDC's on single family homes, and I'm wondering if I am allowed to use PEX if the manufacturer gives me a letter of approval for the 200psi Hydrostatic test.
In Li-ion battery energy storage system, it is recommended to install water sprinkler system as a fire protection measurement (NFPA 855).    But is there any risk of water eletrolyzed?If H2 generated, it may get more dangerous.   Will the ess battery still live, or not electrified?   What measurments shall be taken before sprinkler system… (Show more)
shantu_k04@rediffmail.com
Hi, we are converting a part of business occupancy in a creche. The egress path of creche also passing through the business occupancy seating area. Is there fire separation is required as per mixed occupancy classification. As per NFPA 101,Chapter 16, CL. 16.1.3/6.1.14 this is categories as a multiple occupancy/mixed occupancy. Mixed occupancy… (Show more)
hadialassal
Dear,   As per NFPA, ist required to have a fire protection system (Fire hose cabinet, fire extinguisher,....  ) on the Roof floor for a Hotel where Mechanical types of equipment are located (AHU, Chiller,....)   knowing that we have standup pipe riser on the stairs covering the Roof area that to be used by firefighters (authorized personnel) … (Show more)
jsworks
Would like to get 2 - hr rated Telecom (Lan) Rms' enclosure by way of Section 8.3: Compartmentalization, and 8.3.1.1.. Section 8.3 states: "The telecommunications facility shall be separated from other occupancies within the bldg by fire resistant construction which is commensurate with the exposure, but not less than 1 - hour." Section 8.3.1… (Show more)
leliex
Hi, this is my first time installing a beam detector, I have one FireRay 5000 Simplex (5000-103) to play around with. https://simplex-fire.com/en/us/DocumentsandMedia/4098-0042.PDF  I have some questions hopefully you can help me out.      -Does it necessary need an outside DC power source? Or can it work with the voltage of the FACP?   If not,… (Show more)
craig.hiser@yahoo.com
I have a new customer that wants to get his marina into compliance as to his fire extinguisher program.  This dock has sections that come off a main dock and encompasses around 4000 ft.  Generally its pretty easy to determine the maximum walk distance due to the main walk area.  My question is that this particular location has walkable fingers… (Show more)
bconder
I have an overhead roll-up steel fire door that we want to put a powered operator on.  What are the regulations in NFPA 80 that I need to watch out for?
For the conventional heat detector, is it OK to be used in the room where the HVAC air flow direction is downwards(from ceiling to floor), and air flow speed no higher than 0.5m/s. The hvac outlet is installed on ceiling and nearly cover whole ceiling. The heat detector is installed on ceiling. Will the air flow influence the heat spreading and… (Show more)
Load more items