Forums

hary_stefanov
Hello dear community!   I've come here in a quest to at least lay the basis of a future research on the topic of eco-friendly firefighting foams. As you all know the typical types of firefighting foams are AFFF, FFFP, P, S, AR and so on meaning they range from protein based to fluoride and Perfluorooctanesulfonic based ones which are in general… (Show more)
in Industrial Hazards
aelkhouly_2002
as we know per code we should shut down any fans having a capacity in excess of 2000 ft3/min (57 m3/min)  my question for fan coil unit with air duct which is serving to locations which might be transfer the smoke fire from one location to other and not exceeds 2000 ft3/min  do the fire alarm system need in case of fire to shutdown this FCU? 
in Building & Life Safety
maasaicontracting
We have a Type 3 construction of a retrofit of 100 year old assembly building with concealed space below the 1st floor that meets all the requirements of 8.15.6.2. The AHJ has questioned us, What is (3) Tight Construction?  There is no access doors into crawl space from the 1st floor or exterior. Crawl space is less than 3,700 sq ft. The… (Show more)
in Fire Protection Systems
vantoniou
As per NFPA 13-2019 chapter 25.2.3.1.4 for design densities between 0.2 to 0.34 gpm  CMDA sprinklers with K-8.0 or greater can be used. However, in the market from my research, there are no  listed CMDA sprinklers for storage applications with K lesser than 11.2. Is it possible for storage application to use non listed as CMDA storage sprinklers… (Show more)
abrar.b
HI, I want to learn about NFPA-13 just about design of sprinkler system. plez help me
in Electrical
msmith4114
NFPA 101 2012 Section 14.3.5: This section limits non-sprinklered educational occupancy to 12,000 s.f. But it is silent on what type of fire separation to use for the fire area if the total building is more that 12,000 s.f. (A fire sprinkler system is not practical due to no municipal water supply.) So can the separation be a fire barrier, or does… (Show more)
rseverini
We are designing a sprinkler system for which we are using a pressure tank as per NFPA 13 and NFPA 22 for a water supply.  Both of these standards have a formula which calculates the tank air pressure which is required based the proportion of air.  The code requires an approved means to automatically maintain the required air pressure.  … (Show more)
loganweaver15
I read NFPA 291 Section 4.9 about flow testing without a pitot gauge, but I do not understand where to get the variables. Can anyone help explain the process a little better to me?
in Emergency Response
ktw_ufl
Hello,   We are renovating a mixed use R-2 & B Existing Residence Hall.  Building is Fully sprinklered and Type IIB Construction.  A remodel of the two-story central space(Levels Ground & 1) which connects four residential towers (Levels 1-4) is in scope.  Floor to floor separation is 1HR.  Residential tower wings are isolated from the two-story… (Show more)
loganweaver15
I read NFPA 291 Section 4.9 about flow testing without a pitot gauge, but I do not understand where to get the variables. Can anyone help explain the process a little better to me?
seashift
I have a question about one of the most mysterious codes of all apparently. NFPA 1 chapter 15. Now it seems pretty straight forward but, why does anyone I ask give me a blank stare and say huh. And one answer I was given was that no one does Fire Dept Concurrency Reviews anymore. And that was from a person that just gave me one.   Section 15.1.1… (Show more)
in Code Enforcement
sammyc
How often should I have my explosion proof dust collectors inspected for the powder paint booths   Sammy Clayton Enviromental and Safety Administrator Newton Instrument Company 111 East "A" Street Butner, NC 27509 Direct: (919) 575-8102 Fax: (919) 575-4995 sammyc@enewton.com<mailto:sammyc@enewton.com>        
in Electrical
Load more items