Forums

scootley
Hi, I have questions about the NFPA 101 required number of means of egress for a condo unit.  I've read through Ch 7.4 and 31.2.4 and seemingly related sections but some of the terminology confuses me (even after reading definitions) due to my lack of experience with this topic (I am a homeowner).   Question: Is an additional 3rd floor emergency… (Show more)
in Building & Life Safety
michael.mccormick1325@gmail.com
Residential sprinklers installed in accordance with NFPA 13 – 2019 must discharge with a minimum density of: A. 0.05 gpm/sq ft B. 0.1 gpm/sq ft C. 18 gpm for a 12’ x 12’ area for a single sprinkler D. 13 gpm for a 12’ x 12’ area for a single sprinkler
in Fire Protection Systems
chiefns830
I'm working on a plan review where the extraction room is classified as Class I Div II.   From everything I can pull up, this area would be Class I Div I.  Can anyone shed some light on this for me?  Should I assume - that the engineered ventilation system having so many air changes per hour can reduce the hazard down to Class I Div II ?  Anyone… (Show more)
in Electrical
michael.mccormick1325@gmail.com
When protecting palletized storage of expanded exposed Group A plastic in a stable array stored up to 25 ft high in a 30 ft building, what is the correct column to use in Table 21.3.3(a) (NFPA 13-2019)?
rfdacm02
When we look at NFPA 96, section 1.1.4 tells us when the standard applies or more accurately when it doesn't apply. In the list of four items that must be "true" to not require the application of 96 are:  (1) only residential appliances (2) fire extinguishers properly located and complying with NFPA 10 (3) the facility is not an assembly… (Show more)
michal.lein
Could someone tell me where can I find ceiling manufacturer that has open ceiling that fulfills this requirements: the open grid is a minimum of 70% open, and the open grid is a maximum of 6 mm deepor the open grid is a minimum of 70% open, and the open grid is a maximum of 13 mm deep   Best regards, Michal Lein  
jsworks
NFPA 76 Telecommunications Facilities: For new Telecom Rm buildout in an existing office bldg., is there a fire rating reqd for the Telecom Rm walls? (I don't have NFPA 76)
in Code Enforcement
jgillen3
NFPA 72. Are there certain occupancies that are required to have their alarm system "monitored" from an outside agency?
derek.boudreau
Does anyone know what regs govern panel location, access, or whether or not 480V panelboards should have doors to protect people from the breakers themselves or risk of shock? 
in Electrical
chiefns830
I am looking for examples of residential panel schedules where:   "we may understand the circuit identification (inspectors, plans examiners, those in the trades, etc.) but the homeowner probably wouldn't understand the circuit identification"   If you run across any or can think of any, please post them here. Thanks in advance.
in Electrical
jeffrey.demaine
Per NFPA 130 (5.2.2.1 and 5.2.2.2), rail stations are required to be a Type of construction as defined by NFPA 220, in accordance with NFPA 101, Chapter 12 (Enclosed = Type I or II / Unenclosed = Any type of construction).  Per NFPA 101 (since the 2012 edition), any non-sprinklered assembly is limited to an occupant load of 300.  Table 12.1.6… (Show more)
kefm23
Hello. Are there specific designs and/or requirements with regards to basement level parking having mechanized or automated parking lifts under the NFPA 101 and NFPA 13?   Thanks
Load more items