Forums

5 updates since last visit
isaacmand
If I have a hypothetical 480/277V, 3 Phase, 4 wire feed to a distribution panel. (Spare panel for future use, we do not know the load) Do you de-rate because it is 4 wire? Following 310.15(B)(5)(c) If the majority is non-linear (meaning greater than 50%?) we would de-rate because of 4 wire. (Correct?) Or does this apply only to a branch circuit,… (Show more)
in Electrical
sourabhchowdhuri
Click to view contentAll Retail Shops are recommended to be provided with Quick Response Sprinklers. Fire Size used in the calculations is 2.5 MW considering Quick Response Sprinklers in compliance with BS 7346 Part 4 Table 3.     NFPA – 13, 19.3.3.2.3.1 where listed quick-response sprinklers, including extended coverage quick-response sprinklers, are used… (Show more)
in Building & Life Safety
elena.bertolotti
Hello, I am looking for data concerning the electric loads in the USA. Is there any official document stating how max is the electric load in the  private and public sector? Are there any statistics or studies related to it? I found a document on the website, but the document has problems in being downloaded. Can anyone help me in this? Thank… (Show more)
in Electrical
chris.dean
Does this building require a suppression system?    Conditions:       Existing motel built in the late 1960s    Abandoned (4-6 years)      Under remodel (new drywall, plumbing, electrical, mechanical)     60 units    12,000 sq foot building      Fire resistive (cement block) construction     Two stories     Rooms exit to the parking lot… (Show more)
in Fire Protection Systems
sbartell
We are having a debate about the correction factor for ambient temperature and the adjustment factor for conduit fill over 3 current carrying conductor.  The question is do you need to apply both if you have an ambient temperature greater than 86 degree and more than 3 current carrying conductors?  Or do you use which ever is greater, adjustment… (Show more)
in Electrical
jrmtchll
Does anyone have any experience with 3D printers as they pertain to use of a space and any particular fire code requirements? I perform inspections at a large university and I'm seeing several in lab spaces; they always seem to be running flat out, and I wonder about their power demand on the building. Thanks in advance! code inspection
in Building & Life Safety
david.michel
I have had zero luck with this but several differing opinions   We were trying to judge the ampacity of an existing cable, 3 conductors 500KCM in one jacket or cable.   This cable is attached to building rafters, about 10 ft between rafters and the cable is surrounded by air above below beside and is indoors near roof  no other conductors  …  … (Show more)
in Electrical
tvanhooser
When working inside confined spaces must electrical lighting circuits be seperate form all other electrical circuits?   Where in the NEC is this subject addressed? 
in Electrical
dhermeling
Why is #6 Copper NMB cable's ampacity restricted to the 60deg Celsius rating even though  it's actual manufactured ratings are to 90deg Celsius? It's ratings match type SE cable's specs, and it manufactured and rated to 90deg Celsius. I could pull the THHN conductors out of the NMB cable, pull them into conduit and now, they are rated to 90deg… (Show more)
in Electrical
diu.siddik
Just few days ago had a training about https://catalog.nfpa.org/NFPA-72-National-Fire-Alarm-and-Signaling-Code-2019-3-day-Classroom-Training-with-Certificate-of-Educational-Achievement-P458.aspx NFPA 72 (2019) Classroom Training in Bangladesh, i participate there and gave the exam. There was a result and i dropped it but i was so confident that i… (Show more)
in Fire Protection Systems
walidmaihob
dear all  please is there any sealant material to be used to seal fire wall opening (40cmx30cmx25cm) located between hazardous area class 1 div1 ans non hazard area
in Electrical
matthew@haskris.com
I have a feeder circuit - power coming into a terminal block rated for 175A then wired to a 50A contactor to a compressor with an RLA of 28.8A.  The terminal block states 75C wire and the compressor states use minimum 75C wire for ampacity determination.  We are contemplating either 8AWG or 10 AWG MTW - THHW wire for this circuit.  The circuit… (Show more)
in Electrical
Load more items