Forums

sbkim
Sir, As per NFPA 15, 7.4.3.8 Cable Trays and Cable Runs. 7.4.3.8.1   Where insulated wire and cable or nonmetallic tubing in open trays or runs is to be protected by water spray from a spill fire exposure, a net rate of not less than 0.30 gpm/ft2[12.2 (L/min)/m2]  of projected horizontal or vertical plane area containing the cables or tubes shall… (Show more)
in Fire Protection Systems
rodriguez@colasrail.com
Dear Srs. it is possible and acceptable to install a vertical turbine  pump (60m3/h@11 bar) with 5 meter of column length (bowl assemble included) with solid shaft motor?. O even for small distance, normally very well deep pump is defined for more than 30 meters, we shall install hollow shaft motor?   The difference in price and space is very… (Show more)
maqsoodasif17
Is it permissible to pull the bare copper down conductor in exposed EMT conduit .
in Electrical
villageofwarwickny
Looking for some input on newer appliances like air-fryers and convection cooking ovens in a commercial setting without a Type 1 hood. Proprietor creating beer & wine establishment and NYSLA requires a minimum menu to include certain types of edibles on premises. Owners asked about a number of appliances to possibly be used without installing a… (Show more)
xxxashworthxxx
I recently had an electric fire in my house that was remodeled by a licensed contractor and electrician. It turns out that he wired the new copper wire connections directly to the aluminum that makes up the wiring in my house with simple screw on wire nuts. I just wanted to make sure that this was up to code. If not, what is the proper code. Why… (Show more)
in Electrical
rfalar
Hello every body, we have a client project proposal study for Wireless (WiHART) Fire & Gas Detection systems, I look at NFPA 72 and its only defined wired system fire and gas. Does anybody knows where we can find a code that defines also Wireless Fire and Gas Systems?   Thanks   REUBEN
greghaun@yahoo.com
I have a piece of commercial cooking equipment rated at 6.2 Kw @ 208V Single Phase. A 30 amp breaker is what the manufacturer is requiring be used. Questions have arose regarding the correct size breaker required to be in code compliance. The math shows the current just below 30 amps. So is it true to assume the 30 amp breaker is within compliance… (Show more)
in Electrical
danestep1
Is NEC 610.61 crane and hoist grounding to be applied to an installation from 1997 retro-actively?
in Electrical
rhogg
In NFPA 70E 130.2(2) it states that and Electrically Safety Work Condition must be established if "The employee interacts with equipment where conductors or circuit parts are not exposed but an increased likelihood of injury from an exposure to an arc flash hazard exists."   What is meant by the phrase "increased likelihood of injury"?   Should… (Show more)
in Electrical
bigwill400
 I am an electrician in a manufacturing facility.  There is a variety of electrical work that goes on here.  There is installation, troubleshooting, testing and calibrating.  I was wondering what is expected for Job Risk Assessments.  What is a safety department expected to implemented for JRA documentation and what electrical work should fall… (Show more)
in Electrical
escherm
I run a service department that works on bakery equipment.  The machines are mainly 220 volts but some are 480 volts incoming power. We have PPE for CAT 2 (coveralls, hard hat, rubber gloves, leather gloves, face shield).  The problem we are running into is that we travel all over the country.  So flying with all of this equipment, plus tools and… (Show more)
in Electrical
willettslinda
Make and deliver these bookmarks at places Seniors frequent like public libraries, book stores, senior centers, or residential facilities for example. Tape your contact information at the inside bottom of the box you are using to display at these locations so you can be contacted when it needs replenished. You might want to distribute at the…
walpas
Can preaction system with DV-5 Deluge Valve Double Interlock be connectet directly to the feeding pipie of under ceiling instalation ( DN 150 pipie) or it shall have individual connection to the mains?  The preation system is intend to be ca. 3700l/min (EH1 12,2 mm/min, 232m2),  protected area is  c.a 350m2.   Can I consider this case as:  … (Show more)
Load more items