Forums

chiefns830
My question has to do with ampacity of feeder conductors in parallel. Parallel feeds must follow 310.10(H), last time I checked. 310.10(H) states that it's only allowed if one follows 310.10(H)(2) through 310.10(H)(6) 310.10(H)(4) requires an ampacity adjustment per 310.15(B)(3)(a) ASSUME NEUTRAL IS A CONDUCTOR 310.15(B)(3)(a) states that for… (Show more)
in Electrical
istiaque.emcs
According to ventilation of a typical engine room it is suggested that temperature of the room should not exceed 49°C. Could anyone help me regarding NFPA suggestion about firepump room ventilation. Typically in bangladesh we suggest both electrical and diesel pump along with jockey pump. It would be helpfull if anyone can suggest also the… (Show more)
in Fire Protection Systems
gatrabolsi
Dear nfpa staff i have big storage tank with fixed roof for edible vegetable cooking oil , above ground tanks.20 numbers with the same diked area. as the oil is defined a liquid class 3B. does require a fire fighting system and if yes which system regards ghassan traboulsi@
in Xchange FAQ
mikolaj.gospodarczuk
I was wondering if you are able to store items on top of the safety cabinet containing flammable chemicals. Is there any restrictions on what you can and cannot store according to OSHA and NFPA? Or are we able to store certain items while others cannot be stored?
eads
Can I install, in the field, a cylindrical lockset in a fire rated door? I have read the NFPA 80 regarding this but I am unsure if I can drill a 2 1/8 inch hole for the installation of the lockset. 
in Code Enforcement
epatterson@jmeuc.com
A 45KVA transformer located in the basement, 460 volt 3 phase primary out to a 120/208 volt 3 phase circuit breaker panel on the second floor of a 2 story building. The primary protection is a 460 volt 3 pole breaker of the correct size in the same room as the transformer. The load center is location on the 2nd  floor. The transformer is not wired… (Show more)
in Electrical
delbart40
Click to view contentHoping to get some input on electrical outlet placement on what was a raised bar peninsula that has been modified to a single level island. Pictures below are a snapshot of the electrical blueprint when the house was built back in 2000 and a cleaned up version to better see the information (ceiling puck lighting sort of mucking things up,… (Show more)
in Code Enforcement
chrisb
Hello, I am trying to reach Ken Willette.  Thank you.  Chris Barton, editor, Fire Engineering Books
in Xchange FAQ
tvanhooser
Do NFPA have a standard on how to conduct risk assessments? If so please provide Standard number.  If not a RA Standard is recommended for good use by management and safety professionals. 
in Code Enforcement
seyhun.ramazanov
Hello, we imported Electron-Beam Welding machine from EU to US. We invited UL inspector for the Field Inspection and received a lot of comments. While we working on UL's coments, our city's electric engineer refuses to approve the electric permit that we have open for connecting equipment to the electrical grid. Does City has authority to demand… (Show more)
in Electrical
rhinoshield
Hello Sir/ Madam,   This is Mr. Wai Yan from Rhino Shield Co., Ltd. May I request to know the requirement of SCH40 pipe pressure test in Clean Agent such as FM-200 and Novec 1230 system? What is the pressure rating to test the pipe as per NFPA 2001 standard? How many hours need to wait for certify and approval as per NFPA 2001 standard?  … (Show more)
jmerati
From the very beginning of my exposure to the NFPA 70E I have been taught that if I am inside the limited approach boundary with exposed energized conductors i have to wear appropriate ARC rated PPE.  My management is telling me that only inside the ARC flash boundary am I required to wear PPE.  I have been looking through ht e 70E and all I keep… (Show more)
in Electrical
lapahamed
#I would like to request your clarification for below standard as we have doubt to compare the pump test result which we recently done.   8.3.7.2.3 (2) Fire pump test results are no less than 95 percent of the flow rates and pressures at each point for either a or b – at each point means? Does it require to compare all 0% flow and pressure , 100%… (Show more)
Load more items