Forums

pwk@kraemerkoating.com
Hi,   I am working on a project in which I will be using a VFD to drive an AC motor.  For the motor power cable from the VFD to the motor, I am planning to use a cable with a braided shield that is specifically intended for use with VFD's.  The cable will have three current carrying conductors and one ground conductor.  Table 310.16 in the 2020… (Show more)
in Electrical
pwk@kraemerkoating.com
Hi,   I work for an equipment manufacturer.  For a machine we are building, I have a VFD for an Exhaust Blower that requires 480 VAC 3-phase 6 amps.  The VFD is designed so that it can be mounted on a wall without having to be inside an electrical enclosure.  Typically, the exhaust blower is located inside a building.  In these cases, I provide a… (Show more)
in Electrical
jcleiva
Hello; Regarding the installation of smoke sensors in rooms with flat and high ceilings (20 feet), what is the maximum height at which I can use this type of device. They are air-conditioned rooms. We are working with Notifier fsp-951   Thanks.
in Building & Life Safety
bruehlt
Hi - I am looking to install a whole home standby generator (Cummins RS22) and I've read the forums here about Section 4.1.4 of NFPA 37, but there are a couple of items that are not clear to me.  The text states a 5 foot rule.  Is the 5 foot rule measured directly from the opening or combustible wall?  For example - if the opening is 10 feet off… (Show more)
diogofse24@hotmail.com
Hello Community   Aroom enclosing fire pumps is a room with roof, walls and hvac system or I can consider that description for a shelter (just roof without walls).   Sincerely DS
in Fire Protection Systems
diogofse24@hotmail.com
Dear Community   I want to know the following answers for the questions:   1. Is it necessary that pump room (room with roof, no walls) has sprinklers with foam?  2. Can these sprinklers with foam protect only pumps with diesel engine and tanks? 3. Can these sprinklers with foam be omitted for electric fire pumps?  4. How I can calculate the… (Show more)
millerpj
At our facility we have two 2 megawatt medium voltage generators installed outside in manufacturer provided enclosures that we can enter and walk around inside. Each enclosure has 3 doors with panic bars and 2 doors in each generator share a common catwalk.     The issue we have is the remaining door in each generator exits to the side of the… (Show more)
catchallemail9
Hi. I am a resident of a multifamily apartment complex. I have had multiple issues during move-in, and I'm not very confident in how the complex operates.    A couple days after I moved in, two fire trucks showed up at my building. The fire fighters determined that the alarm system malfunctioned and sent a silent alarm to the monitoring company,… (Show more)
jrmtchll
Hi, everyone;   I'm in the beginning stages of planning another book tentatively titled "Fire Departments and Communities." The topic will cover how fire departments perceive and respond to risks across communities in their jurisdictions (including risk assessment and risk reduction plan implementation), as well as information from… (Show more)
in Public Education
justin.grantham
When working 120Volt Circuits live Receptacles, switches what PPE is required?
in Electrical
david.sparkes
I need to know what can I use as a container for combustible waste, plastic or metal with lid of course. They will have rags that have thinner, paint and some cleaners from aerosol on them?
j_w_hines
For an existing conference room where the Architect required adding an outlet, the plan check person has required outlets as per this article, which requires quantity as in a residence.  In addition, it requires floor receptacles for each 215 square feet of room.   For one room, it is smaller and has doors each wall, as code does not restrict,… (Show more)
in Electrical
aten
Click to view contentHello,    I am looking for an official interpretation regarding NFPA 13's FDC Pipe Sizing Guidelines. 8.17.2.3 gives contradictory and unclear guidance for this matter and I am in need of NFPA's interpretation and intent of the code.  - The way I read 2016 NFPA 13 8.17.2.3 is that the FDC pipe sizing must be in accordance with ONE of the… (Show more)
Load more items