Forums

abrar.b
HI, Any one help me regarding FM-200 flooding factor according to NFPA which flooding factor we use for FM-200 system  i am use 0.55 but i dont found any NFPA lne about this any  one tell me. Thanks:
in Fire Protection Systems
xujy27
Click to view contentare there requirements which it should install the bypass pipeline for bypassing the deluge valve in the Sprinkler Systems In the NFPA13 and NFPA15?
juliekane101
Hello! We are helping a portable church set up their space in an elementary school. The consultant is suggesting "scuba wall" a curtain that hangs from the ceiling, attached by magnets to the drop down ceiling grid. Our facilities team is concerned about the sprinkler system being obstructed by these curtains for two hours a week. The cost of… (Show more)
charlesvanmeter
I'm looking to see if there is a industry standard for a wire tracking tool. Need something for indoor use to find wire through all types of standard wall sheeting materials. Live and dead wire tracking. Does anyone know of a model of tool they use of have run into alot? Thanks
in Electrical
wade.johnson@flex.com
Is there any code requirement to inspect path of egress light level on an annual basis?  With LED being used more often and known to fade over time, if there is not, shouldn't there be?  industrial hazards topic
in Code Enforcement
ausextinguisherservice
Is it ok to install 30lb extinguisher's (50lb total with cylinder) on a dolly cart made for it, instead of installing on a bracket or hanger on the wall? It would be placed in the same location, but on the ground instead of on the wall. Would it be NFPA compliant? A customer wants to place their 30lbs class D extinguisher on a "heavy duty dolly… (Show more)
in Building & Life Safety
rbandura
5 Year Reassessment Due--If there are no changes in the electrical system distribution from Utility provider to end user.  No new equipment, single-lines remain the same, available fault current from Utility provider remains the same and the existing labeling meets all the requirements of 130.5 (H) 2018 Edition.    QUESTION 1-- does the equipment… (Show more)
in Electrical
tgammonphd
I have been asked the following question. My answer would be yes, as long as the equipment is maintained and appears to be working properly. What would the correct response be?   I have a client that has a room that has power going into a room with (2) 300 amp bus bars.  We do not know the voltage at this point.  There are no open electrical parts… (Show more)
in Electrical
charlesvanmeter
I am a apprentice and recently we ran 2-2-2 AL wire from a main panel on a grain bin under ground in schedule 80 PVC to a cow barn but we did not run a ground conducter with the current carrying wire. I asked if this was correct and my employer advised. Grounded neutral conductors serving another building from a main building: Sec. 250-32(b)(2).… (Show more)
in Electrical
ben_oregan
Does NFPA 101 permit the use of quarter landings (landings in L shaped stairs) in escape stairways?   I'm reviewing an architectural layout which needs to comply with NFPA 101 and the architect has done something unusual with the stairs.  Instead of the usual half landings which turn pedestrian traffic 180 degrees, he is using two quarter… (Show more)
tgammonphd
Say for example, you have a 120/240 V, 2 pole, 20 A breaker. Does the NEC allow this breaker to serve 2 separate 120 V circuits?
in Electrical
mikeshook
I am working on a unshelled peanut storage warehouse and I can't find in the code  where it is exempt from sprinkler system in this warehouse.   In my 40 years of experience you never want to install sprinklers in a bulk grain storage warehouse.  It is not effective in fighting a fire in bulk grain storage.   Can anyone point me in the right… (Show more)
ericsuh
QUESTION to Noncombustible qualification in NFPA 220 Standard Types of Building Construction     In Clause 4.1.6.3 The material has a structural base of a noncombustible material with a surfacing not exceeding a thickness of 1/8 in. (3.2 mm) where the surfacing exhibits a flame spread index not greater than 50 when tested in accordance with ASTM… (Show more)
Load more items