Forums

abeum
How often does a disaster drill need to be conducted? I am using the full load generator test as a disaster drill to simulate a power outage disaster, is this acceptable?  How many other drills need to be conducted per shift per quarter? This is for a skilled nursing facility in Northern California.    Thanks for all the help!!!
in Building & Life Safety
apsdan
NFPA-10 mentions Nonrechargeable (nonrefillable) fire extinguishers by definition and states they are excluded from the 6 year test with a lifespan of 12 years.  Are they allowed by NFPA code in a commercial office?  If so, what is the annual inspection requirement?
in Code Enforcement
suneeb.riaz
As per NFPA 101 , the multiple occupancies of separated occupancy type are to be separated from each other by fire barriers as 6.14.4.1.Whereas in Multiple occupancies of mixed type  the separation requirements are not noted except the hazardous areas protection, so in an educational occupancy a dining/lunch area with more than 50 people is… (Show more)
mungret
Can pvc coated Mc cable  be used under pavers on a terrace In nyc
in Electrical
wgrayg
What are the guidelines for location of an emergency shower or eyewash station in proximity to electrical equipment and enclosures? Is the location as it exists dry, damp or wet type (NFPA70 NEC2017 100)?  Will the installation of an emergency shower or eyewash station change the location type ?  NFPA70 NEC2017 406.9C, 410.10D, 424.12B nicely… (Show more)
in Electrical
abeum
Can I conduct a fire drill that includes 2 shifts at one time? As a Skilled Nursing Facility in Northern California, we must have 1 fire drill per shift per quarter. Can I conduct one fire drill for more than one shift at a time?    What NFPA online course/certification is most applicable for training to conduct such fire drills? The "NFPA 101… (Show more)
stephen.rinaldi
Click to view contentRequesting information about potential problems with fire suppression systems and the use of  Air Pear systems installed in large open buildings. I feel that the destratification could cause a delay in fire sprinklers activating as well as the system can cause horizontal fire spread and could overrun the suppression systems. I feel that the… (Show more)
haythem.mbarek
Click to view contentHi everyone, i need an answer to the following question ASAP please.   - The maximum length of a threaded rod to support a hanging pipe (concrete or steel structure) according to the NFPA13 ?     Thanks
in Emergency Response
slandis001
New Townhomes in PA require sprinklers NFPA 13R or 13D.  The contractor installing the sprinkler system is providing a flow switch. The fire marshal want a horn/strobe located in the hallway by the bedrooms tied to the flow switch so it activate when there is flow. Typically this type of install would require a control panel with the proper… (Show more)
ananthars90
We need to install a Kidde wet chemical system in our kitchen. Unfortunately, the supplier who provided the necessary support is no longer in the market. We are totally new to the system. It's a small system with one cylinder and a nozzle, KRS-50 control box( lever type), and a pull station. Can anyone share some photos or videos of the system… (Show more)
in Fire Protection Systems
sunil.ghedia
70E article 250.2(B) requires testing of devices listed in 250.1(1) thru 50.1(14) that is used as primary protection from shock hazards and requires an insulation system to ensure protection of personnel, shall be verified by the appropriate test and visual inspection to ascertain that insulating capability has been retained before initial use,… (Show more)
in Electrical
stephen.rinaldi
Click to view contentRequesting information about potential problems with fire suppression systems and the use of  Air Pear systems installed in large open buildings. I feel that the destratification could cause a delay in fire sprinklers activating as well as the system can cause horizontal fire spread and could overrun the suppression systems. I feel that the… (Show more)
mrichter
Have a dwelling that only has a class K extinguisher within its kitchen. Is this acceptable?
Load more items