Forums

lsh0215
Greetings,   In our facility, there is loading/unloading rack where thousands of trucks are coming per day to fill hydrocarbon product to their tanker. the rack has canopy with thickness is greater than 4.8mm (3/16 in). on top of the rack, there is a vent system to release pressurized vapor inside of the truck tanker before they fill the… (Show more)
in Electrical
anfernandes
Is this a topic for discussion? Are the same thing? Who is wining?  nfpa  ibc
in Building & Life Safety
walidmaihob
dear all  please is there any sealant material to be used to seal fire wall opening (40cmx30cmx25cm) located between hazardous area class 1 div1 ans non hazard area
in Electrical
lsh0215
Greetings,   In our facility, there is loading/unloading rack where thousands of trucks are coming per day to fill hydrocarbon product to their tanker. the rack has canopy with thickness is greater than 4.8mm (3/16 in). on top of the rack, there is a vent system to release pressurized vapor inside of the truck tanker before they fill the… (Show more)
in Industrial Hazards
devans2016
Sprinkler System inspections are generally addressed as two separate inspections. The first is the water based fire protection system that would typically be inspected by a sprinkler company and the second would be the electrical components addressed by NFPA 72. The 72 inspection is typically done by an alarm company and/or monitoring company. My… (Show more)
in Electrical
robin.stacy
"5.6.3.6 The generator set shall be fitted with an integral accessory battery charger, driven by the prime mover and automatic voltage regulator, and capable of charging and maintaining the starting battery unit (and control battery, where used) in a fully charged condition during a running condition"    So when I read this reference I interpret… (Show more)
jrmtchll
Does anyone have any experience with 3D printers as they pertain to use of a space and any particular fire code requirements? I perform inspections at a large university and I'm seeing several in lab spaces; they always seem to be running flat out, and I wonder about their power demand on the building. Thanks in advance! code inspection
chris.dean
Does this building require a suppression system?    Conditions:       Existing motel built in the late 1960s    Abandoned (4-6 years)      Under remodel (new drywall, plumbing, electrical, mechanical)     60 units    12,000 sq foot building      Fire resistive (cement block) construction     Two stories     Rooms exit to the parking lot… (Show more)
in Fire Protection Systems
diu.siddik
Just few days ago had a training about https://catalog.nfpa.org/NFPA-72-National-Fire-Alarm-and-Signaling-Code-2019-3-day-Classroom-Training-with-Certificate-of-Educational-Achievement-P458.aspx NFPA 72 (2019) Classroom Training in Bangladesh, i participate there and gave the exam. There was a result and i dropped it but i was so confident that i… (Show more)
loremaster01
I have a medical gas storage room hat currently has a 90min rated fire door. The room is sprinklered and is 45sq ft. Which should indicate the room does not have to be rated according to NFPA 101 chapter 19. However NFPA 99 says that gas storage rooms have to be 1hr rated. My hospital is wanting to decommission the door but I am wondering which… (Show more)
carloseduardo
What would be Nfpa's criteria for deciding to have combat vehicles in Petrochemicals if we have fixed and brigade systems?
in Emergency Response
jelsonpjohn
WE ARE HAVING HELPAD AREA IS 40 x 40m and landing area is 20x 20m. Helipad is more than 40m away from buildings. As per NFPA 418 do we need to have foam system with deluge.   What are the conditions to avoid foam system with deluge. Can we use portable foam system.
hrracing513
According to NFPA 13 (2013) 7-10.3.3 sprinklers or spay nozzles have to be no more than 5'-0 from the duct entrance. per the table A.7.10.2 it shows (D) being measured from the inside of the duct. Would this still be correct if the bend was still horizontal and not vertical, going to (G)? 
Load more items