Forums

ananthars90
we  are planning to construct an academic building with occupancy 200. can anyone advise whether we need to have sprinklers , fire hose cabinets, hydrants installed as per NFPA.
in Fire Protection Systems
hfehumboldt
7.2.1.1* Fire extinguishers shall be manually inspected when initially placed in service.  A.7.2.1.1 Frequency of fire extinguisher inspections should be based on the need of the area in which fire extinguishers are located. The required monthly inspection is a minimum.
stevenselig05
Is it ok to use a multipurpose household kitchen cleaner like 409, fantastic or windex on the glass bulb to remove a light coating of grease from the bulb and the frame? I've found that in commercial kitchen stove areas, restaurants, hospitals, etc, they get dirty about every 6 months or so. My concern is more that the cleaner could damage/weaken… (Show more)
jcallahan
Choose a content type based on your collaborative goals. Click the pencil icon to draft a discussion, document, blog post, etc. or select any of the content type links at the top of any of your attention streams.   Tip: Most collaborative activity takes place in discussions and documents. Blog posts are typically used for viewpoint essays and…
in Xchange FAQ
lbeaver
Got an easy one for you. We have a question regarding the 2013 edition of NFPA 13-D and the need for clarification between section 8.3.7 that has the fire protection requirements for “Ceiling Pockets” and section 10.2 that provides installation criteria for sprinklers on the face of  beams in small rooms.  As stated in the requirements of 8.3.7,… (Show more)
david.waddell@axaltacs.com
I work at a paint plant that uses solvents extensively. Most of our operations occur in Class 1 Division 1 environments. We want to install a can washer and would be using a conductive solvent to clean them. The nozzle would go down in the can and the force of the stream may cause the can to rise. So I will not have a good connection to ground.… (Show more)
in Electrical
lsh0215
Greetings,   In our facility, there is loading/unloading rack where thousands of trucks are coming per day to fill hydrocarbon product to their tanker. the rack has canopy with thickness is greater than 4.8mm (3/16 in). on top of the rack, there is a vent system to release pressurized vapor inside of the truck tanker before they fill the… (Show more)
in Industrial Hazards
psiecienski
Does NFPA define "substantially career" fire department?
in Emergency Response
nfpatroy
ESFR 25.2K Sprinkler Protection for Class I thru IV Commodities up to and including 25' Storage for Ceilings that are less than 32' but more than 30'.   Table 16.2.3.1 does not list the ESFR 25.2K Sprinkler for ceiling heights between 30' and 32', only the 14K & 16K are listed. The down side is that if they are to be used for this application… (Show more)
vamasuresh
Are ceiling mounted AHUs provided inside client areas in high rise commercial buildings and Malls are required to be integrated with fire detection and alarm system to switch off the AHUs in case of fire?   Whether integration required, if such ceiling mounted AHUs are in common areas, which circulates the air within the specific area where it… (Show more)
in Building & Life Safety
rfdacm02
I am looking to see what others use as occupant load factors for individual apartments, based in NFPA, not other Codes? There was confusion that each apartment was like a single family dwelling and therefore had to meet the requirements under 24.1.1.2 (single family no more than 3 outsiders in rented rooms), but there is no tie in to this from… (Show more)
alw10
Im a manager of Fire/Life Safety in NYC. I was recently asked a question about  fire stairs. Whats the regulations/code as far as the required fire ratings of stair cases in office buildings? where can I find this info?
jsfoos
Can anyone share if there is any requirement for installation of an electric in-wall heater near a sink in a bathroom? Would it be acceptable to install next to a pedestal sink? 
in Electrical
Load more items