Forums

hamad.koroni
Is it acceptable to combine exit stair enclosure and lift shaft pressurization system in one pressurization system? The pressurization system will consist of one duty fan and one standby fan. There is a lift requires pressurization system attached to the exit stair enclosure and there is no space to locate the pressurization fans on roof.… (Show more)
in Building & Life Safety
plousmyth
I am doing research on hazardous materials and writing of ordinances.  I find that most cities do not permit pool construction/electrical supply wholesale businesses selling pool chemicals on the side to store hundreds of gallons of chlorine bleach and muriatic acid outdoors year round and unprotected from the elements on open parking lots.  Nor… (Show more)
in Code Enforcement
chiefns830
Is it saying ALL the A-occupancies described in 518.2, or just the ones that are listed???   (Handbook is no help) thanks in advance.         406.12 Tamper-Resistant Receptacles. All 15- and 20-ampere, 125- and 250-volt nonlocking-type receptacles in the areas specified in 406.12(1) through (8) shall be listed tamper-resistant receptacles.  … (Show more)
in Electrical
d_rydall
Greetings, I was recently at a live theatre production outside my jurisdiction and noticed the EXIT signs went out with the house lights when the show started. Being a prevention officer, I always assess my exit route once I find my seat. Ontario Fire Code in Ontario Canada states EXIT signage shall be illuminated when the space is occupied. When… (Show more)
hshengst
Can anyone offer a better explanation of this entry?   "NFPA13 A.8.6.7.1: Ceiling features in unobstructed construction that are protected by sprinklers in the lower ceiling elevation when the higher ceiling elevation is within 12 in. of the deflectors or greater for sprinklers with greater listed distances from the higher ceiling should not be… (Show more)
in Fire Protection Systems
ffz290
I am trying to get to the bottom of an construction issue and was hoping to get some help.  Background This is occurring in a jurisdiction that has adopted NFPA 1 and 101. Significant construction project in which there is a change in occupancy of part of the area from a mercantile to an assembly area over 300 people.  The architect did not… (Show more)
imensassitra
Click to view contentHi all! Can anyone tell me how to determine the maximum fire water flow required for the protection of an air separation unit? Thank you in advance.
in Industrial Hazards
abarrantes
Hi There , I got fiber glass pole, in a parking lot , I need chance the regular light for LED, but someone said , I cant chance the all filter , just because the pole, anyone knows ,about the code , I got the NEC 2017 , where I can found the anwer
in Electrical
james.darrow
Hello, I have an interpretation question about NFPA 45, particularly about NFPA 45 (2015) section 8.3.4 that discusses waste stored/generated in the lab. [8.3.4 Liquid waste containers stored in laboratory work areas shall not exceed 20 L (5 gal).] The question is whether this refers to maximum waste container size allowed in a single lab (i.e. no… (Show more)
in Code Enforcement
ffz290
I am trying to get to the bottom of an construction issue and was hoping to get some help.  Background This is occurring in a jurisdiction that has adopted NFPA 1 and 101. Significant construction project in which there is a change in occupancy of part of the area from a mercantile to an assembly area over 300 people.  The architect did not… (Show more)
in Fire Protection Systems
crbutler
NFPA 31 Section 8.6.4 states vent screen must be #4 (0.187") or coarser. This does not align with UL180:2019 which states the screen must be 2.0 mm (0.787") to 4.0 mm (0.157") - Section 8.4. These need to be aligned. Please comment, Thanks.
Load more items