Forums

khourihan
We wanted to know if a Category 2 Class A facility for horse riding requires heat detection. The roof line is very high and i am concerned about long term service.  NFPA150 states Fire alarms are required in all Class A facilities and any Class B facility with sleeping quarters. Fire alarm detection devices are required to be installed within all… (Show more)
in Fire Protection Systems
dnowicki
In NFPA 70, Article 501.5(E), 1 For a Class I Division 2, Terminations - it says cables entering an enclosure required to be explosion proof shall be sealed at the point of entry.   A squirrel cage induction motor with the proper T Code to my understanding is not an arcing or sparking device and can be considered for use in a Class 1 Division 2… (Show more)
in Electrical
rreyes
Section 110.1 (A) item 4: Type of Training states: "The Training required shall be classroom, on the job or the combination of the two"  My question what is the definition of "classroom".  Does "classroom" means Instructor Led training with a real person and interactive ? Or does it mean that student sit in a room and watch web based training on… (Show more)
in Electrical
pgonski
A facility is looking to replace the existing boilers and the existing exhaust stack that goes up and out of the building does not appear to be a viable option.   There is an old steam tunnel entrance that would allow the exhaust to pop up >6 feet away and outside of the building in their private alleyway.  There are no operable windows/etc… (Show more)
in Building & Life Safety
ameneses
Hello,   I have the following question... According with NFPA 88A,2019 6.4.4 sprinklers shall not be required in open parking structures. Does this apply even if the building is mixed use: 37 total floors (commercial) and 5 floors exclusively for parking use? The consultant doesn't want to use sprinklers in those 5 floors.    NFPA 88A defines… (Show more)
bradpenrose
Is there a specific guideline regarding separation of an LPG tank and a flammable liquids cabinet? Industrial occupancy not frequented by the public.
in Code Enforcement
fire.direccion
I am carrying out a project against fire in military installations where there is smoke-free powder for the manufacture of weapons ... what NFPA norm can I review?Thanks a lot  the project is in Mexico
How about install the suppression control panel in outdoor in low temperature (-20degC to 40 detC)? Usually UL certification onthe suppression control panel is based on test above 0 degC. But does the panel also OK in low temperature? Actually, it is inevitable to expose the panel in low temperature during installation and construction period.
mpednault
Within NFPA 101 - 2018 edition, under Chapter 32 for a New Residential Board and Care facility, subsection 32.3.3.7 there is to be two Smoke Compartment's per floor (of 22,500sf or less).  It goes on to describe the provisions pertaining to doors within the Smoke Barrier that separates the Smoke Compartments.  The following subsections pertain to… (Show more)
kaltechss
Me estaban solicitando una bomba de agua portátil (para transportarla al lugar del incendio) y desde alli conectarse con una fuente de agua y que pueda tener presión para apagar un incendio. Estos equipos vienen con certificación UL o FM? Algo parecido a la foto adjunta
kaltechss
Que equipos podría instalar en una cámara frigorífica para detección y extinsion de incendio?
jsansinenea
Hi to everyone,   I am participating in a civic group that is confronting a public Administration backed project involving the construction of a mostly underground running city train. The project, said to be fully compliant (100%) with the NFPA 130, envisages the construction of a single escapeway in a 2 km underground tunnel stretch (NFPA 130… (Show more)
Load more items