Forums

1 update since last visit
jamieshea
Is it permitted by NEC to use a conduit reducer in an underground installation of PVC? We would like to reduce from 2 1/2" to 2" PVC for an underground service conduit system.
in Electrical
harry.calabia
Click to view contentWe built a new hotel and connected it to the existing hotel. The new hotel has its own fire pump and distribution line. The existing hotel has standard response sprinklers.   Can we adopt 9.4.3 (5) and install standard response to the new hotel?       Big thanks for your input.
in Fire Protection Systems
csorensen
The local fire department wants a 2012 record of completion. I have searched and can only find a 2002 version. Is there a 2012 version and if so, does anyone know where I can find it?
in Xchange FAQ
jpowell
A office manager is telling their staff to allow wheelchair bound persons access to the elevator during a fire as long as office personnel inform firefighters on the egress floor. This is a non-ambulatory office building on a hospital campus. Is this valid?
in Building & Life Safety
bpellegrin
We have a 5000 square foot temporary structure that will be used for dining.  The structure will be on location for 9 months.  The dining services group would like to use electric hot plates to perform cooking operations.  I'm concerned that they will use these hot plates to produce grease laden vapors with no suppression of any kind.  What are… (Show more)
mahakalkarsv
Dear NFPA members I have following question on NFPA-55-   As per Table 6.2.1 Design and Number of Control Areas, it indicates that it is only allowed to have 4 Control Areas per floor per building.  In case of single story buildings with large area, does that still limit the total number of control areas to 4 , or is there a way to address this… (Show more)
gmorgenweck
Click to view contentIBC 2015 Fire Service Access Elevator   3007.5.2 Hoistway Lighting   The code clearly indicates hoistway lighting is required to be active during fire-fighters' emergency operation, however, it provides no guidance on how this "switching" is achieved.  Any insight on how this should operate/function is helpful.   The only guidance I have found… (Show more)
sugi
What would the hazard occupancy be for a Food & Nutrition Lab or Home Economics room in a K to 12 school?  The appliances are all electric and there is no fuel fired appliances in the building.  The ranges are all standard house hold appliances.  Basically it is a teaching classroom.  Can this room be considered a light hazard occupancy or should… (Show more)
schoi
When you have a Class I standpipe system with four additional required standpipe riser in each exit stair way, you will have 500 GPM for the first two hydraulically remote outlet of standpipe plus 250 GPM each for the remaining two standpipe.  You will have 1000 GPM per section 7.10.1.1.1  and section 7.10.1.1.3 of 2013 NFPA 14.  Per section 7.8.1… (Show more)
artic
Is kitchen hood suppression system required for all hoods, irrespective of the appliance as per NFPA?   In our project, there is no cooking area like in restaurant. There are only Rational oven, chicken grill machine and convection oven – 8 small bakery oven. All are coming under kitchen hood. All appliances are electrically operated . Is Kitchen… (Show more)
mahakalkarsv
Dear NFPA Members , We have the following query  on NFPA-58 , As per Table 6.2.1 Design and Number of Control Areas, it indicates that it is only allowed to have 4 Control Areas per floor per building.  In case of single story buildings with large area, does that still limit the total number of control areas to 4 , or is there a way to address… (Show more)
Load more items