Forums

1 update since last visit
ron@jobbersmiami.com
Looking for the Occupancy group number for a Gasoline tank 1000 gallons store in a free standing structure with 4 walls and a roof system, made of concrete block walls. this question came out from the fire department review of the plans for permitting.  I looked and got confused as to best determine the group number. HELP!
in Building & Life Safety
dfcarter
My facility has in house Sprinkler, Extinguisher, Fire Door, Fire Pump, Fire Alarm, ETC.. testing that at the moment we print off our reports on MIcrosoft Word document and bring with us then come back to the office to manually enter the changes. Is there a program out there being used by a contractor or in house inspector like myself that we can… (Show more)
in Code Enforcement
homevisionin
main lug subpanel  I was working on a 200 amp panel and I came across a sub-panel 8 space 8 circuit maxed out  that has an overcurrent protection 2 pole 30 amp with a 10/3wire  the 200 amp is maxed out.     Q: wherein the code# NFPA 70# dose it mentions the minimum conductor size for sub-panel?#    P.S i checked in article 408 
in Electrical
panchal.aashish17
Kindly clarify exact relation between Fire load and Hazard category of  an occupancy/Industry (Light/Ordinary/High) in perspective of designing fire protection system of an industry.....      
in Industrial Hazards
cperez_0
Click to view contentIn Chapter 5 in NFPA 2001, edition 2018  There is a table, Table 5.5.3.3 Atmospheric Correction Factors.   ¿What would be my correction factor if my equivalent altitude is over 14,000 ft?    
in Fire Protection Systems
hfontana
Just want some feedback from other sprinkler companies on what software they are using. 
katreynoldsroxas
I just want to clarify what is the reason for including car stackers in NFPA13 2016 edition to be in Extra Hazard Group 2?
in Xchange FAQ
hamad.koroni
Have a pedestrian footbridge crossing the highway road and am looking for the NFPA code that tells the fire and life safety requirements for this kind of facility?  The footbridge is an above-ground structure with a horizontal length of about 100m and 6m wide. The footbridge contains one elevator and one stair opens to the sky at each end of the… (Show more)
jcsalas
BUENOS DIAS, EN ALGUNA NORMA NFPA INDICA LA OBLIGATORIEDAD DE PINTAR LAS TUBERIAS DE LA RED DE AGUA CONTRA INCENDIOS DE COLOR ROJO ?
mekara28
Click to view contentHello Sir or Ma'm,   Please find below the above-below sprinkler connection detail on site. My client has rejected this application according to NFPA 13 8.15.20.4.3. Please tell me my application is correct or not?
in Code Enforcement
louiselarkin
Clause 10.2.1.4, NFPA 58 Any space beneath the floor shall be solid fill, or the perimeter of the space shall be left entirely unenclosed   I am looking for some clarification on this clause and how it relates to a partially enclosed (concrete walls but open to sky) LPG enclosure.  The enclosure is located above a basement car park.     Thanks… (Show more)
Load more items