Forums

istiaque.emcs
Project location: Bangladesh Pump Capacity: 1500 GPM Pump Head: 14 bar. According to code for sprinkler pressure should not exceed 12 bar. So we need to use PRV upto certain height. If each PRV require to use by pass system , we also need to use valve and does that valve need to be supervised? Could anyone please suggest regarding this as per… (Show more)
in Fire Protection Systems
m-arunkumar
Do jockey pump also requires hollow shaft motor as per NFPA 20, clause no. 7.5.1.3 or those requirements are only applicable to main/Fire pumps?
pepito
Question: Is it allowed to combine static overhead line lightning protection with air terminals on a facility? Background: A multi purpose concrete facility with one floor on one end and two story on the other end will be provided with lightning protection. On the one-floor end has the offices, kitchen and dining. On the two-story, the first… (Show more)
in Xchange FAQ
m-arunkumar
Why NFPA 20 suggests hollow shaft motor for fire pumps? Can anybody clarify.
d_rydall
Greetings, I was recently at a live theatre production outside my jurisdiction and noticed the EXIT signs went out with the house lights when the show started. Being a prevention officer, I always assess my exit route once I find my seat. Ontario Fire Code in Ontario Canada states EXIT signage shall be illuminated when the space is occupied. When… (Show more)
in Building & Life Safety
lllsadiqlll
As per standard what is the required space between vertical HVAC Duct & Power socket on wall. 
in Electrical
killerbabe79
What is the NEC code violation, in the attached drawing. Don't need the actual answer. Just where to look in the NEC code book. Thank You 
in Electrical
daniel.burr
What is the meaning of electrical continuity as far as bonding and grounding requirements per NEC?   For example: 30" length of 4" diameter of LFMC on one end of pipe then connects to 60 feet of 4" diameter of rigid, one of the ends terminates into a switch gear, other end terminates into a generator enclosure.   The voltage is 4,160 and it is… (Show more)
in Electrical
jwaite
Is there a space or building size requirement for hazardous waste that is stored onsite?  If so, where can I find more information on this topic?
in Industrial Hazards
amr.elkranfely
For parking smoke system, what is the max. number of smoke zone that can be connected to one smoke fan?
chiefns830
Is there anything in the building codes prohibiting the use of wireless RF switches with egress lighting?  The wireless switches are powered with a button-type battery to turn on a tiny controller that is located in the light box.  I'm just concerned that if the battery goes dead...  Is there any code or standard that requires egress lighting to… (Show more)
tboardley
Where can I find help in determing where fireworks can be stored?  Such as what type of structure, distances from other buildings, etc. It is a few boxes, but they are currently being stored by the marketing department in the office building.
Load more items