Forums

4 updates since last visit
Michael Sheler
Hospital setting - Christmas lights It states it is OK to have Christmas lights in lobbies, and waiting rooms. What about cafeteria's?
in Building & Life Safety
John Stauder
This edition now adds 2-level car stackers to Extra Hazard Group 2.  Is it the intent to provide EH2 at the ceiling level above the 2-level car stacker and no other sprinkler protection is required, i.e. intermediate level sprinklers?
in Fire Protection Systems
Jenna Ford
Does a 280 sf office renovation require fire protection if there is not new construction?
Andrew Stemp
I am trying to determine the inspection requirements of a residence used as an Airbnb. The 2018 NFPA 1 just changed the definition of a one and two dwelling unit to exclude renting to more than 3 people (6.1.8.1.1).  I think that the residence would then fall under lodging and rooming houses (6.1.8.1.2) but since the house has a kitchen, that… (Show more)
in Code Enforcement
shelley waugh
Can a client have a sleeping room in a business occupancy/office building?  Specifically, it is an on call employee.
in Code Enforcement
Jack Gresch
Can a registered plumber change the FDC  2.5" to 5" without using the sprinkler co?
Curt Floyd
The National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) is currently developing a Guide for Structural Fire Fighting. This guide addresses fundamental knowledge of fire dynamics in structures to help identify strategy and tactics supported by science-based research for effective and safe firefighting.   The current draft recommends that initial arriving… (Show more)
in Emergency Response
Jeramie Morris
Does anyone have a definition for Cut Off Storage which is first mentioned in Table 14.3.2.1(a)?  I am looking for a definition and examples.  I have checked NFPA 400 and the Glossary of Terms with no formal definition.  Thanks!  Stay safe!   Jeramie
in Industrial Hazards
Craig Lewis
This question has to do with suites in Healthcare occupancies.  The applicable code is NFPA 101 2015 Edition.  We are working on a renovation of an existing birthing center on the third floor of a hospital in Northern Vermont.  The occupancy has been and will continue to be Healthcare throughout the floor.  The renovation will take place at the… (Show more)
Richard Moreno
We have a door in the field where during an annual fired door inspection it was noticed that a supplemental label indicating that the fie door is to be equipped with fire exit hardware.  The door carries a 60 minute label and was machined at the factory, under licensed service, for a rim exit device.  My question is: since the missing label is a… (Show more)
Ghada Hajjar
 I need to ask about area of application for each category  SFD vs EWFD vs VEWFD which related to ASD and as per code.    
omar
please provide NFPA code and clause reference, in local national code it mentioned 1525 mm 
in Electrical
Load more items