Forums

dmaynor
Greetings, Does anyone have some really good fire system ideas for remote generation. Imagine that you have 60 locations and getting service in these areas is expensive and sometimes not possible due to weather.   I'm hoping for some ideas on simple, compact and robust possibilities. Remember these would have to be flown out to these areas in… (Show more)
in Fire Protection Systems
hamad.koroni
If we have a multi-story open structure building used for assembly occupancy purpose, the last top 8 floors are opened which means that they are not enclosed in external walls. Only internal stairs and elevators are provided in wall enclosures.  Do we still have to comply with Chapter 11.8 from NFPA 101- 2018 Edition and Table 7.4.1 Allowable… (Show more)
in Building & Life Safety
ananthars90
we have recently commissioned our fire network consisting of fire hydrants and sprinklers. During the commissioning of fire pumps, it was found that pressure is dropping in the fire hydrant underground piping network at a rate of 14 psi per minute. Is this acceptable? what can be the causes of pressure drops? The network has been hydro tested… (Show more)
tonydb.nz
A large developer built a large number of condominiums (3 condos per building) in Orange County in 2005. Built to California Building Code. I bought one in 2017 in good faith and recently peeked inside the ceiling space where I saw penetrations in the fire separation between mine and the adjacent condo. Most were fire stopped but, to my mind,… (Show more)
travis_white
Hi all,      I am a life scientist that is looking to make a career change. I am intrigued by fire sprinkler design because I have done quite a few installation jobs with my dad as a laborer (he owns a small sprinkler company). My brother is getting into the trade as well and perhaps we could start something together in the future.  I'm out of… (Show more)
ghenson
We have Nitrous Oxide at several of our Dental sites for minimal sedation and we have a passive scavenging system. . We were surveyed by the Joint Commission and they said we need to provide testing of the room air where its being used.  Looking at NFPA 99 I do not see anything in Ch 15 Dental Gas and Vacuum systems. We need to know the standard,… (Show more)
info@emse.pk
Hi Please guide me how can I calculate Fire Pump Capacity for occupancy ordinary hazard Group II. Ground + 2 Story building that is 30,000 sq ft area of each floor having 2 normal exit/entrance and 01 emergency exit. Required Equipment to installed detailed are 12 Hose Valve 2.5" and 12 Hose Reel 1".   Best Regards Kunwar Muhammad Arif
kalidas.pk
Need suggestion whether flexible coupling required or not for fire fighting pipes in a building having Expansion joint size 25mm.
info@emse.pk
Hi Kindly guide me Is any separate code or standard to briefly describe welding, fabrication procedure that show to AHJ or CFPS that welding is proper and as per NFPA. I try to find code from Codefinder but not found that fulfilled my query. I want to prepare my team working as per NFPA standard ONLY.   Waiting for your kind response.    Best… (Show more)
nikunj.shah
It is extremely disappointing that unlike NEC 2017 and its handbook, the NEC 2020 edition and its handbook are not available in PDF format that you can store on your computer as a digital resource and access it anywhere. The availability of NEC 2020 & its handbook only as a print and online digital format will make its access extremely difficult… (Show more)
in Electrical
medina.gentry
Can anyone tell me if it is OK to plug a UPS into a Line Conditioner?  We have a fairly large piece of hospital lab equipment that a representative suggested we get a power conditioner to plug the UPS into.  I was told by tech support that this shouldn't be needed since the UPS itself has a power conditioner.  I also read online that doing this… (Show more)
in Electrical
afraser
July 6, 2015 is the closing date for submitting Public Input for the next edition of NFPA 5000 - Building Construction and Safety Code.   The Core Committees will review all public input at their First Draft Meetings which will be held July 27th thru noon on July 31st at:   InterContinental Milwaukee 139 E Kilbourn Avenue Milwaukee, WI 53202… (Show more)
seashift
I have a question about one of the most mysterious codes of all apparently. NFPA 1 chapter 15. Now it seems pretty straight forward but, why does anyone I ask give me a blank stare and say huh. And one answer I was given was that no one does Fire Dept Concurrency Reviews anymore. And that was from a person that just gave me one.   Section 15.1.1… (Show more)
in Code Enforcement
Load more items