Forums

kadinarich
Click to view contentDoes a door that is currently block required to have the furniture remove. Door is label not an exit per fire marshal prior instructions. Now during current Fire inspections door was call out requiring for the furniture in front of the block door to be remove, or door to be fill in. I cant find either an argument that support  that the door… (Show more)
in Building & Life Safety
jakidd
Do I need seismic support for a fire life safety sprinkler suppression system in a category B building, when the component importance factor is 1.5 as referenced in ASCE 7 section 13.1.3 Refer to the attachments below. Thanks. DKC.
in Fire Protection Systems
josephjojoadoor
Hi  What is the standard size and length of Fire Hose Reel or Class II Hose Reel System? Where exactly is this mentioned in NFPA standard?   As per my knowledge Fire Hose Reel standard is 25mm dia and 30mtr long.   Could anyone reply on this urgently.   Thanks & Regards Joseph
in Xchange FAQ
jcangayo
If the room protected by a fire suppression system has a beam pocket, it is required/mandatory to provide Z1 & Z2 detector in any case?
in Xchange FAQ
peter@dwan.ca
The SFPE Handbook and various vendors advise that subsurface injection of foam is not recommended for internal, floating roof tanks.  Are there any studies or incidents that support this position? Thanks
in Industrial Hazards
mignot
Click to view contentIs it possible to install foam chamber in geodesic dome tank roof  (witn internal floating roof) instead of foam chamber in shell tank?? I have not found something about in NFPA 11. What criteria I should take into account? Product: Gasoline Diameter tank=134 Ft Height= 52 Ft   example Image
ashikpn
Dear All  ,    Subject : Clean agent system ( FM200 Gas ) Nozzle Location In multi height area of Enclosure    Good Day ,    Enclosure having multi heights in the FM200 System protected area .major portion of Enclosure area 80% ( Height 5.25 Meter) and Remaining Portion of Enclosure area 20% (Height 6.9 meter) .how the Nozzle installation would… (Show more)
chiefns830
210.60 Guest Rooms, Guest Suites, Dormitories, and Similar Occupancies.   (A) General. Guest rooms or guest suites in hotels, motels, sleeping rooms in dormitories, and similar occupancies shall have receptacle outlets installed in accordance with 210.52(A) and (D). Guest rooms or guest suites provided with permanent provisions for cooking… (Show more)
in Electrical
m69421
I have a building owner that has a 38 year old fire pump that only supplied two standpipes in a 4 story apartment building. It did not supply sprinklers. About 10 years ago we removed the hoses and appliances in the box, so the standpipe can still work as a manual standpipe for Fire department use. So does the owner have to keep the fire pump?
seve.anderson
Hello all.   I have an easement on my property that runs from an electrical pole on the road, back, underground about 800 feet to a neighbors yard where it stops at a transformer. There is a creek the runs perpendicular to the line. This is what the "buried" high voltage line looks like at my creek. Turns out the kids were down here playing and… (Show more)
in Electrical
shagunaa
I have a question about running the monthly load test for an EPS. I work for a hospital and I am running the load tests for our 800 KW generators. According to the compliance guy, the load must be over 30% of the nameplate rating, for each phase individually, and no matter how much I tried to make him understand he is wrong, he keeps insisting… (Show more)
in Electrical
mkidwell
In search of any reference to installing residential pv system and fastening metallic conduit to and distance required from underside of wooden roof sheathing.
in Electrical
cox
The building inspector is requiring an NFPA 13 sprinkler system to be bonded based on the 2017 NEC Section 250.104  Has anyone else run across this?  Here is what both sections state. Thank you, 8.18 Electrical Bonding and Grounding. 8.18.1  In no case shall sprinkler system piping be used for the grounding of electrical systems. 8.18.2 *  The… (Show more)
Load more items