Forums

info@emse.pk
Hi Please guide me how can I calculate Fire Pump Capacity for occupancy ordinary hazard Group II. Ground + 2 Story building that is 30,000 sq ft area of each floor having 2 normal exit/entrance and 01 emergency exit. Required Equipment to installed detailed are 12 Hose Valve 2.5" and 12 Hose Reel 1".   Best Regards Kunwar Muhammad Arif
in Fire Protection Systems
info@emse.pk
Hi Kindly guide me Is any separate code or standard to briefly describe welding, fabrication procedure that show to AHJ or CFPS that welding is proper and as per NFPA. I try to find code from Codefinder but not found that fulfilled my query. I want to prepare my team working as per NFPA standard ONLY.   Waiting for your kind response.    Best… (Show more)
nikunj.shah
It is extremely disappointing that unlike NEC 2017 and its handbook, the NEC 2020 edition and its handbook are not available in PDF format that you can store on your computer as a digital resource and access it anywhere. The availability of NEC 2020 & its handbook only as a print and online digital format will make its access extremely difficult… (Show more)
in Electrical
ghenson
We have Nitrous Oxide at several of our Dental sites for minimal sedation and we have a passive scavenging system. . We were surveyed by the Joint Commission and they said we need to provide testing of the room air where its being used.  Looking at NFPA 99 I do not see anything in Ch 15 Dental Gas and Vacuum systems. We need to know the standard,… (Show more)
in Building & Life Safety
medina.gentry
Can anyone tell me if it is OK to plug a UPS into a Line Conditioner?  We have a fairly large piece of hospital lab equipment that a representative suggested we get a power conditioner to plug the UPS into.  I was told by tech support that this shouldn't be needed since the UPS itself has a power conditioner.  I also read online that doing this… (Show more)
in Electrical
afraser
July 6, 2015 is the closing date for submitting Public Input for the next edition of NFPA 5000 - Building Construction and Safety Code.   The Core Committees will review all public input at their First Draft Meetings which will be held July 27th thru noon on July 31st at:   InterContinental Milwaukee 139 E Kilbourn Avenue Milwaukee, WI 53202… (Show more)
in Building & Life Safety
seashift
I have a question about one of the most mysterious codes of all apparently. NFPA 1 chapter 15. Now it seems pretty straight forward but, why does anyone I ask give me a blank stare and say huh. And one answer I was given was that no one does Fire Dept Concurrency Reviews anymore. And that was from a person that just gave me one.   Section 15.1.1… (Show more)
in Code Enforcement
mikelangel
What can be done if the owner does not have the manufacturer's pump performance curve?
brook-1
Can a fire sprinkler pipe (after common riser) be run underground, from one structure to another separate structure, on a residential lot? Or, is it required to have a separate fire sprinkler riser in each separated structure on a single residential lot (10'-25' from main  residence where riser is located)?
jbales
I have an alarm company that is only supplying a list of passed signals as their NFPA 72 servicing documentation. They are saying that I am out of line requiring what is required by NFPA 72 sections 7.5.6 or 7.8.1.2 and this is a usual practice as their insurance company is not allowing them to supply the full required information. Has anybody… (Show more)
kalidas.pk
Need suggestion whether flexible coupling required or not for fire fighting pipes in a building having Expansion joint size 25mm.
charlesvanmeter
430.32(B). What is a automatically started motor and what is a non automatically started motor? 
in Electrical
info@emse.pk
I am Fire & Safety Contractor in Pakistan. Question No 1 : Is any hydraulic Software that APPROVED by NFPA. Actually my new client's buyer requirement that type of software accepted that will approved by NFPA and he also want NFPA approval on installation that will held in 3 story building of 30,000 sq ft each floor (a textile stitching and… (Show more)
Load more items