Forums

1 update since last visit
jeffrey
Article 330.12 prohibits MC cable when exposed to mechanical damage. 690.31(D) allows MC cable when intalled in an area that is not readily accessible.  My client wants to install MC cable across the open roof of a building, arguing that access is restricted to qualified and trained personnel only so that qualifies as not readily accessible.  the… (Show more)
in Electrical
ldesmares
We have an issue with a man who built a homemade spray room in his tenant space of a shopping mall. It has no ventilation and he is blocking sprinkler heads with storage. The walls are covered with visqueen and the floor is covered with cardboard and more visqueen. He uses this area to paint custom picture frames with spray paint and does this on… (Show more)
in Code Enforcement
antman33
Grounding a residential TV antenna drawing.  I was wondering if there was an NEC created or approved drawing on how to properly ground a residential TV antenna?  I see some online from manufacturers, but wanted to know if there is one available from or approxed acceptable per NEC for public use?
in Electrical
daniel.burr
What is the meaning of electrical continuity as far as bonding and grounding requirements per NEC?   For example: 30" length of 4" diameter of LFMC on one end of pipe then connects to 60 feet of 4" diameter of rigid, one of the ends terminates into a switch gear, other end terminates into a generator enclosure.   The voltage is 4,160 and it is… (Show more)
in Electrical
d_rydall
Greetings, I was recently at a live theatre production outside my jurisdiction and noticed the EXIT signs went out with the house lights when the show started. Being a prevention officer, I always assess my exit route once I find my seat. Ontario Fire Code in Ontario Canada states EXIT signage shall be illuminated when the space is occupied. When… (Show more)
in Building & Life Safety
m-arunkumar
Do jockey pump (Pressure maintenance pump) also needs to be provided with Hollow shaft motor as per NFPA 20, section 7.5.1.3 or that section only applicable to main or fire pumps?   Clause 7.5.1.3: "Vertical shaft turbine pumps shall be driven by vertical hollow shaft electric motor or vertical hollow shaft right-angle drive with diesel engine or… (Show more)
in Fire Protection Systems
m-arunkumar
Do jockey pump also requires hollow shaft motor as per NFPA 20, clause no. 7.5.1.3 or those requirements are only applicable to main/Fire pumps?
istiaque.emcs
Project location: Bangladesh Pump Capacity: 1500 GPM Pump Head: 14 bar. According to code for sprinkler pressure should not exceed 12 bar. So we need to use PRV upto certain height. If each PRV require to use by pass system , we also need to use valve and does that valve need to be supervised? Could anyone please suggest regarding this as per… (Show more)
pepito
Question: Is it allowed to combine static overhead line lightning protection with air terminals on a facility? Background: A multi purpose concrete facility with one floor on one end and two story on the other end will be provided with lightning protection. On the one-floor end has the offices, kitchen and dining. On the two-story, the first… (Show more)
in Building & Life Safety
m-arunkumar
Why NFPA 20 suggests hollow shaft motor for fire pumps? Can anybody clarify.
lllsadiqlll
As per standard what is the required space between vertical HVAC Duct & Power socket on wall. 
in Electrical
killerbabe79
What is the NEC code violation, in the attached drawing. Don't need the actual answer. Just where to look in the NEC code book. Thank You 
in Electrical
jwaite
Is there a space or building size requirement for hazardous waste that is stored onsite?  If so, where can I find more information on this topic?
in Industrial Hazards
Load more items