Forums

1 update since last visit
taylo2ae
I've spent the morning looking for the the code I need, but haven't found it.  Can anyone point me to a section that clearly explains that dry systems shall not be kept charged (thereby making it a wet system) and any sections that might address other agencies tying into the standpipes for cleaning actions?
in Fire Protection Systems
michaelspark18
I am a electrical student at EC Goodwin Technical High School in New Britain and I need some clarification on the 2017 code book Article 210.12 (A)(2) it sounds like we need a arc fault circuit breaker plus a arc fault Outlet at the first outlet box is this true
in Code Enforcement
christophers
Hello    I am working on a fire sprinkler design/drawing for a 3-Story R-1 Tourist Home, District R-3. They are converting an existing, three-story, single family home into a five unit, short term rental apartments. The building is to be fully sprinklered, NFPA 13R system.  There is also a basement. I asked the GC what the basement was going to… (Show more)
abrar.b
i am going to active the deluge system with it and its inside  
in Electrical
chiefns830
I have a plan review that I'm doing with a room that was originally labeled as "operating" room, now labeled as "trauma/resuscitation."  This is for a stand alone Trauma center building.  The registered design professional has clearly identified on the plan that this is a Category 1, critical care space.  This is the only room in the facility that… (Show more)
in Building & Life Safety
rmuratore
Does anyone have a good SOP for dealing with a FM 200 discharge? We recently had a still unexplained event that caused a FM 200 discharge in a small computer room. During the discharge, an employee ran into the room and had another employee hold the door open, while he searched for the fire. The open door vented FM 200 into occupied office space.… (Show more)
abrar.b
Can i use Flame detector for Aerosol plant according to NFPA 30B.
in Electrical
blacksteeltape
Is there any special fire protection requirement for garment conveyor systems?
in Building & Life Safety
saroosh.khan
A textile factory qualifies for the recommendation for the automatic sprinkler system as per NFPA. But since the hardware modifications are going to be rigorous, is there an alternate solution for this problem? Can we provide some other means of protection and still qualify to comply with NFPA?
abdulrafay80
Click to view contentIn one of my project (Fiber Cement board Factory) there is diesel storage tank of 15 m3. Below are my queries:    1) What fire protection system is required for this tank as per NFPA 30 or other NFPA standard? (Kindly provide the clause with reply)    2) What will be discharge design density?    3) Currently I am using NFPA 30 table Table… (Show more)
in Industrial Hazards
abrar.b
Hi, I have to attend a technical conference please tell me the main point of it.   Thanks: 
in Code Enforcement
charlesvanmeter
312.2 says in wet or damp locations to cabinet or cutout boxes shall be mounted so there is at least 1/4 inch airspace between the inclosure and the wall or supporting surface. My question is how to achieve this spacing on the outside of the residence with siding? in the past I have put a piece of plywood behind the panel and then used spacers… (Show more)
in Electrical
charlesvanmeter
With a meter main disconnect combo. Using the main lugs from the disconnect (not one of the additional breakers in the M M combo) to run cable to a interior panel board. Would this designate my Interior panel board as a sub panel? I would think not because the disconnect is not a breaker so this would be the same as a Installation direct from the… (Show more)
in Electrical
Load more items