Forums

1 update since last visit
dhauser
Are newly installed underground storage tanks  intended for fire water suppression storage required to go through a leak testing procedure prior to being put into service?
in Fire Protection Systems
juan.guaylupo
Click to view contentGreetings to everyone, I have a question:   In my company we have LPG storage spheres, these have their own water spray protection system in case of nearby fire. Now the AHJ says that it is necessary to install fire protection to the above-ground piping located inside of the spheres dikes (this piping carries the fire water to the mentioned… (Show more)
paulsbbqpit
Hi, if I am correct, my commercial smoker ( which is kept outside) needs to be 10 feet from any wood structure. Could a barrier be installed in front of the wood structure which would allow the smoker to be closer to the building?  Thanks, Paul Van Lanen, owner, Paul's Boneyard BBQ
in Code Enforcement
ben_oregan
Does NFPA 101 permit the use of quarter landings (landings in L shaped stairs) in escape stairways?   I'm reviewing an architectural layout which needs to comply with NFPA 101 and the architect has done something unusual with the stairs.  Instead of the usual half landings which turn pedestrian traffic 180 degrees, he is using two quarter… (Show more)
in Building & Life Safety
richard.barry
I am undertaking an experimental study regarding oxygen-enrichment in a room due to a potential oxygen leak to determine the need to install oxygen monitors or not. NFPA 53 defines an oxygen-enriched atmosphere as an atmosphere in which the concentration of oxygen exceeds 21% by volume, BUT...for how long? Does anyone know of a study, code,… (Show more)
in Code Enforcement
xwhitney
Hot work needs to be done in a school, a four inch steel pipe needs to be cut to be specific. Is it against code to cover the nearby detector with a dust bag temporarily while the Hot Work is being performed?  My state uses NFPA 101 2015 Edition. Thanks!
abrar.b
I am going to design a flame detector in a chemical store so any one give me NFPA raferance.
in Electrical
paulsbbqpit
Hi, what are the requirements for venting a barbecue smoker?  The smokers would be outside and used for a Barbecue business.  thanks,  Paul Van Lanen
in Xchange FAQ
carretero110
The history of innovation is full of examples that cause unwanted damage. As cultural theorist Paul Virilio said: "When you invent the ship, you also invent the shipwreck."   Fortunately it has not been the case of smoke alarms, but be careful, if they do not evolve, we run risks and will stop fulfilling their function correctly, because today we… (Show more)
carretero110
The history of innovation is full of examples that cause unwanted damage. As cultural theorist Paul Virilio said: "When you invent the ship, you also invent the shipwreck."   Fortunately it has not been the case of smoke alarms, but be careful, if they do not evolve, we run risks and will stop fulfilling their function correctly, because today we… (Show more)
nathan.fraley
What are the frequencies of testing deluge systems for transformers?   Mainly the full trip test?  If you can produce a chart just for deluge systems that would be great!   Thanks
in Industrial Hazards
I have two questions: 1.  In the event that a general industry Code includes within its scope a specialty application that is addressed by another applicable Code written specifically for that application, and there are differences in the requirements, which Code shall govern?   2.  In the event that a general industry Code includes  certain… (Show more)
Load more items