09/01/17: Grounding and Bonding

Poll created by dvigstol Employee on Sep 1, 2017

An 100A feeder supplies a 75kVA, 480V to 208Y/120V, dry-type indoor transformer that feeds a 200A main breaker panel with 4/0 XHHW conductors. Is it permissible to use the feeder EGC as the GEC for the separately derived system to connect to the building grounding electrode system within the service equipment? If so, what is the minimum size copper EGC permitted to accomplish this task?

2 total votes
  • It is not permitted
  • Yes, 8 AWG Copper
  • Yes, 2 AWG Copper
    Your vote
  • Yes, 4 AWG Copper