A Better Understanding of 70E: Take My Poll to Help Me Better Address Electrical Safety Topics You Need to Know About

Poll created by ccoache Employee on Jan 10, 2020

Time flies. I have been the staff liaison for NFPA 70E, Standard for Electrical Safety in the Workplace  for the past two cycles. I have fielded hundreds of electrical safety questions from employer and employee responsibilities to understanding the standard’s requirements. My more than 30-year involvement with electrical safety has ranged from equipment design to policies and procedures.

This blog has now entered its fourth year. I enjoy writing the blog and view it as a key platform for communicating important electrical safety information to our audience. As I’ve considered this milestone though, I’ve been thinking about how the critical safety information I discuss may not be reaching those who need it; namely, the employee.

To help me better understand your role within the industry, and better deliver information that you can use and share with your workers, I’ve developed a poll and invite you to participate below. In the same vein, please share with us, in the comments section, which employment position you identify with including upper management, middle management, supervisor, or worker (employee) and any other information you think may be helpful. Thanks for participating!

What is your primary involvement with electricity or electrical equipment at work?

8 total votes You cannot vote on this poll
  • Manufacturing or designing electrical equipment
  • Installing electrical equipment (de-energized)
  • Maintaining or repairing installed equipment
  • Designing electrical systems (distribution, component specification, layout)
  • Operating electrical equipment (production line, welder, power tools including portable cord-connected)
  • Overseeing electrical safety (develop policies, procedures, practices, inspection, OSHA)
  • Other (do not interact with electrical equipment as normal part of employment)