NFPA Xchange™ Raffle Official Rules
By participating in this Contest, entrants accept and agree to be bound by the following Official Rules:
- 1. NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER THIS CONTEST. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. THE ODDS OF WINNING A CONTEST PRIZE DEPENDS ON THE NUMBER OF ELIGIBLE ENTRIES RECEIVED.
- 2. SPONSOR & ADMINISTRATOR. NFPA Xchange™ Raffle (the “Contest”) is sponsored and administered by the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) (the “Sponsor”), One Batterymarch Park, Quincy, MA 02169-7471.
- 3. ELIGIBILITY. Eligibility for the Contest is open to natural persons who are legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia, who are 21 years of age and older and who are at McCormick Place, Chicago, IL in person at the NFPA 2015 Conference and Expo when the respective winners are announced. Employees, directors and officers of the Sponsor and their immediate families (spouse, parents, children, siblings, and their respective spouses) and household members as well as anyone who has won a prize as part of this Contest are not eligible to enter. Employees and vendors of McCormick Place are not eligible to enter. This Contest is void where prohibited.
- 4. THE CONTEST PERIOD. The Contest begins at 1:00:00 PM Central Time (CT) on June 21, 2015 and ends at 2:30:00 PM Central Time (CT) on June 23, 2015 (the “Contest Period”).
- 5. HOW TO ENTER. To enter the Contest, you must be eligible and you must opt-in to NFPA Xchange™ (the “Community”) in accordance with these Official Rules during the Contest Period. Contestants can opt-in by logging into the Community at the numerous opt-in stations located in McCormick Place, Chicago, IL or through community.nfpa.org during the Contest Period. Winners will be selected through random drawings from all eligible entries.
- 6. WINNER SELECTION. In total there will be eleven (11) winners selected. There will be one (1) winner selected on Monday afternoon from among all eligible entries received between 1:00:00 PM Central Time (CT) on June 21, 2015 and 1:00:00 PM Central Time (CT) June 22, 2015. The Monday afternoon winner will be announced at the Opening General Session on June 22, 2015 between 1:30:00 pm-3:00:00 pm Central Time (CT). There will be a total of five (5) additional winners identified on Monday evening from among all eligible entries received between 1:00:00 PM Central Time (CT) on June 21, 2015 and 6:00:00 PM Central Time (CT) on June 22, 2015. The Monday evening winners will be announced at approximately 6:45:00 PM Central Time (CT) on Monday, June 22, 2015. Another five (5) winners will be identified at approximately 3:00:00 PM Central Time (CT) on Tuesday, June 23, 2015 from among all eligible entries received between 1:00:00 PM Central Time (CT) on June 21, 2015 and 2:30 PM Central Time (CT) on June 23, 2015. The Monday evening and Tuesday drawings will be held in NFPA booth # 471 at the NFPA Expo, McCormick Center, Chicago, IL. Winners from the drawings on Monday evening and Tuesday afternoon must be present at the time of the drawing and identify themselves to win. The winner drawn during the General Session must identify himself or herself and collect the prize by 5:00:00 PM Central Time (CT) on Monday. This can be done at the NFPA booth # 471, McCormick Place.
- 7. PRIZES. Each winner will receive 1 pair (2 tickets) to the Chicago Cubs™ baseball game on Tuesday, June 23, 2015 with a scheduled start at 7:05:00 PM Central Time (CT) (ARV $81). Prizes are awarded “as is” without guarantees and warranties and are subject to all terms and conditions of the ticket provider and any other terms imposed by Chicago Cubs™ and related or affiliated entities. Winners agree to look solely to such providers for any such warranty or guarantee claim. Transportation to and from the game and any costs associated with attendance other than the admission provided for on such tickets are the sole responsibility of the winner. All taxes and any other costs not specifically stated within these Official Rules are the sole responsibility of the winner. Prizes may not be transferred, substituted or redeemed for cash, except at the Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value if advertised prize is unavailable at the time the prize is awarded.
Chicago Cubs is a trademark of Chicago National League Ball Club, Inc. or its affiliates. The tickets awarded as prizes under this Contest is given away by and on behalf of the Sponsor, NFPA. Chicago National League Ball Club, Inc. is neither a sponsor of nor affiliated with this Promotion and has neither endorsed nor approved of this Promotion.
- 8. HOW TO CLAIM YOUR PRIZE. Winners are subject to verification of identity and eligibility prior to the award of the prize. The Monday afternoon drawing winner on June 22, 2015 will be announced during the Opening General Session and notified via email at the email address providing in the Community registration. The remaining winners will be announced on the Expo floor, at booth #471 at McCormick Place, and will be notified at the email address provided in their Community registration on the day of each subsequent, respective drawing. The winner must be present to pick up his/her prize at NFPA booth # 471 and provide a response and release indicating his or her acceptance of the prize and providing the Sponsor with confirmation of the winner’s identity, eligibility and agreement with the terms and conditions contained in these Official Rules. Winners not present or who do not provide a timely and full response will forfeit the prize. In addition, the prize will be forfeited if: the winner is found to be ineligible or not in compliance with these Official Rules; the winner declines to accept the prize; the Sponsor is unable to contact the winner through the provided email address with information provided by the winner; or a prize notification or prize is returned as undeliverable. Where a prize has been forfeited, the prize may, at the Sponsor’s sole discretion, be awarded to an alternate winner drawn at random from among the remaining entries in the particular category.
- 9. CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION. By entering the Contest, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and to accept and abide by all decisions of the Sponsor with regard to the interpretation and implementation of the Official Rules and of the Contest. By accepting a prize, each winner consents to the use of his/her name, city and state of residence, voice, and statements relating to the Contest or Sponsor, and photographs or other likenesses, without further compensation, notification or permission in any publicity or advertising carried out by Sponsor or any related entities in any and all media now known or hereinafter developed without territorial or time limitation, except where prohibited by law.
By entering the Contest, entrants represent and warrant that they meet all eligibility requirements for and comply with the Official Rules of the Contest. Entrants acknowledge that nothing herein shall constitute an employment, joint venture, or partnership relationship between entrant and Sponsor. In no way is an entrant to be construed as the agent or to be acting as the agent of Sponsor in any respect.
- 10. RELEASE AND LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. BY ENTERING THE CONTEST, ENTRANTS AGREE TO RELEASE, INDEMNIFY AND HOLD HARMLESS SPONSOR, AND ITS EMPLOYEES, OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, REPRESENTATIVES, AGENTS, EMPLOYEES AND AFFILIATES, (COLLECTIVELY, THE “RELEASED PARTIES”) FROM ANY CLAIMS, ACTIONS, INJURY, LOSS OR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PERSONAL INJURY OR DEATH, RESULTING FROM PARTICIPATING IN THE CONTEST OR FROM THE ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, USE OR MISUSE OF ANY PRIZE AWARDED. THIS LIMITATION OF LIABILITY IS A COMPREHENSIVE LIMITATION OF LIABILITY THAT APPLIES TO ALL DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING (WITHOUT LIMITATION) COMPENSATORY, DIRECT, INDIRECT, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES; LOSS OF DATA, INCOME, OR PROFIT; LOSS OR DAMAGE TO PROPERTY; AND CLAIMS OF THIRD PARTIES. ELIGIBLE PARTICIPANTS AGREE THAT RELEASED PARTIES HAVE NOT MADE NOR ARE IN ANY MANNER RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY WARRANTY, REPRESENTATION, OR GUARANTEE, STATUTORY, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED (INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, TITLE, AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE), IN FACT OR IN LAW, RELATIVE TO THE CONTEST OR THE PRIZE AWARDED. WITHOUT LIMITING THE GENERALITY OF THE FOREGOING, THE RELEASED PARTIES DO NOT MAKE ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR REPRESENTATIONS WITH RESPECT TO ANY PROMOTIONAL WEB SITE AND SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR THE CONSEQUENCES OF ANY INTERRUPTIONS OR ERRORS RELATED THERETO.
The Released Parties are not responsible for late, incomplete, inaccurate submissions, responses or problems of any kind, whether mechanical, human or electronic. The Released Parties are not responsible for technical, hardware or software malfunctions, telephone failures of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, inability to access a web site, inability to submit an entry, or fraud, incomplete, garbled, or delayed computer transmissions or inaccurate transcription of entry information, whether caused by Sponsor, users or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest or by any technical or human error which may occur in the processing of submissions which may damage a user’s system or limit an eligible participant’s ability to participate in the Contest. The Released Parties are not responsible for late, incomplete, or damaged entries. Entry materials that have been tampered with or altered are void. Should any portion of the Contest be, in Sponsor’s sole opinion, compromised by virus, worms, bugs, non-authorized human intervention or other causes which, in the sole opinion of the Sponsor, corrupt or impair the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper play, or submission of entries, or should the Contest be unable to run as planned for any other reason, Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to terminate the Contest and, if terminated, at its discretion, select the potential winner[s] in a random drawing from among all eligible, non-suspect entries received prior to action taken.
- 11. APPLICABLE LAWS AND JURISDICTION. This Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Issues concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules and of the rights and responsibilities of the participants in and Sponsor of the Contest shall be governed by the laws of the State of Massachusetts, without regard to any principles of conflict of laws. All disputes arising out of or in connection with this Contest shall be resolved individually, and without resort to class action, exclusively by the United States District Court for the District of Massachusetts or the appropriate Massachusetts state court for the City of Quincy, Norfolk County, and participants in the Program consent to the jurisdiction of such courts with respect to all such disputes. To the extent permitted by applicable law, all judgments or awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket damages (excluding attorneys’ fees) associated with participation in this Contest and shall not include any indirect, punitive, incidental and/or consequential damages.