Could someone please clarify if the CMS adoption of NFPA 99 2012 edition impacts new construction projects that have now begun?
Specifically, is the CAH governing body required to:
1. Conduct a risk assessment for wet procedure locations and rational for not installing an IPS?
2. Identifying the Classification of areas. i.e. Category 1, 2, 3, 4?
3. Designating anesthetizing locations?
4. Medical equipment in the newly constructed facility to conform to the electrical safety testing and documentation processes?
5. Comply with 184.108.40.206.3* (concerning MGVS delivery equipment) which states: "A scheduled preventive maintenance program shall be followed."
6. Comply with 220.127.116.11.4 (concerning MGVS delivery equipment) which states: "Equipment shall be serviced only by personnel trained in the maintenance and operation of the equipment."
Thank you for your assistance.