AnsweredAssumed Answered

Should Property Managers and Real Estate Professionals be required to take engineering, bldg safety and fire/crime prevention trainings as continuing education courses to maintain credentials in 2017 and beyond?

Question asked by Scott Smith on Dec 16, 2016
Latest reply on Mar 8, 2017 by Douglas Hicks

The "Ghostship" fire in Oakland, CA (killed 36) was a catastrophe waiting to happen - it happened in my neighboring community and within a major metropolitan environment.  "Inspection creates prevention" a rule I follow at home (twice a year) with an ADT Checklist and insurance company profile paper. How can a municipality - major city, like Oakland (or NYC, Baltimore, Chicago, LA) not have a fully staffed Fire Prevention & Safety Inspection Program as a TOP 3 priority?  How can a MAYOR not be held accountable for the failure of policy, like this?  How and WHAT can change to prevent this in the future w/o it being REACTIONARY (permit $$$ fund raiser) target VS a Pro-active community safety program? As a Military Veteran ('69-71), home services consultant, senior with older senior parents (89), I am trained in many disciplines related to home and personal safety - but I depend on my community leaders to protect the village with a philosophy of "an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure" - it is the PERFECT PLACE for my tax dollars, as I see it?

Outcomes