AnsweredAssumed Answered

Should Property Managers and Real Estate Professionals be required to take engineering, bldg safety and fire/crime prevention trainings as continuing education courses to maintain credentials in 2017 and beyond?

Question asked by adt_scott on Dec 16, 2016
Latest reply on Mar 8, 2017 by fireman

The "Ghostship" fire in Oakland, CA (killed 36) was a catastrophe waiting to happen - it happened in my neighboring community and within a major metropolitan environment.  "Inspection creates prevention" a rule I follow at home (twice a year) with an ADT Checklist and insurance company profile paper. How can a municipality - major city, like Oakland (or NYC, Baltimore, Chicago, LA) not have a fully staffed Fire Prevention & Safety Inspection Program as a TOP 3 priority?  How can a MAYOR not be held accountable for the failure of policy, like this?  How and WHAT can change to prevent this in the future w/o it being REACTIONARY (permit $$$ fund raiser) target VS a Pro-active community safety program? As a Military Veteran ('69-71), home services consultant, senior with older senior parents (89), I am trained in many disciplines related to home and personal safety - but I depend on my community leaders to protect the village with a philosophy of "an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure" - it is the PERFECT PLACE for my tax dollars, as I see it?

Outcomes