AnsweredAssumed Answered

NFPA20 basic questions

Question asked by Cheongki Jeong on Jan 10, 2017
Latest reply on Jan 11, 2017 by Cheongki Jeong

Hello folks.

During the online training of NFPA20, I encountered a difficulty of understanding. I believe it is very simple, but I would like to make it sure that I understand correctly since it is very important to begin.

In the class, it is said " Section A.6.2 explains that the actual pump performance may fall anywhere within these parameters. For example, the actual performance of a pump design may have a shutoff pressure that is 110% of the rated pressure and a pressure that is 80% of the rated pressure at overload."

Q1. I wonder if this explanation means that all the listed pump will fall anywhere within the yellow area. As I don't understand the definition of overload here, I am not sure if I understood correctly or not.

Q2. What is the definition of Overload here? I feel it is flow rate but I am not sure the range of overload. Any flow rate more than the rated flow and less than 150% is defined as overload?

Q3. For NFPA20, Jockey pump's performance must also follow the pump performance limit like above?

I am looking forward to your clear explanation for rookie like me.

Thank you.

Outcomes