There is a situation in Data center, within a cabinet/rack where i have to use standard C14 to 2 x C13 power cord [IEC320] Telecom or IT servers. These are available as standard components sold by various cable manufacturing vendors.
In my case:
- The C14 side is has breaker protection.
- The 2 X C13 powers 2 separate computer power supply which has its own fuse.
- Each C13 would maximum consume 2.5A, which makes the sum total on the C14 to be 5A. The normal rating is 10A.
- imho, this is Not an "extension cable".
- Could someone help me find the appropriate NFPA for such a splitter power cord ?
- Is there any NFPA clause that would prohibit me from using such splitter power cord ?