AnsweredAssumed Answered

Multiple buildings with different address' off a single FACP?

Question asked by Chris Rodgers on Aug 9, 2017
Latest reply on Aug 22, 2017 by Ken Goodman

I have been asked this question a few times and tried to get answer from a few AHJ's as well. I know somewhere in the code book it talks that each building needs to operate independently to keep notification/evacuation appliances functioning in case something happens to the "master" panel this is where "slave" and "master" systems come into play but even a "slave" system is almost a complete system minus the communication to a central station. But 95% of the work we do is fire sprinkler monitoring systems only. There is no interior notification. All that is monitored is the water flow switch and tamper switch and a smoke above the panel. In these cases is there a code that stops a single panel from servicing more then one building. My first thought was the fire department not knowing what building. But If we use an addressable panel it allows 4 account codes so central station could report 4 different building address with the system partitioned correctly. Worst case AHJ requests an annunciator panel at each sprinkler riser. Is my thinking correct or have I missed a code section. Or anyone do installs this way?

Thanks. 

Outcomes