AnsweredAssumed Answered

Possibility of vehicle fire (before sales)

Question asked by Koji Noguchi on Aug 29, 2017
Latest reply on Aug 30, 2017 by cda cda

I’m writing to ask a favor of you.

We has been discussing with Shanghai port authority to provide Automated Storage and Retrieval System (ASRS)for finished cars.

FYI, we are attaching photos of the ASRS. 30 ASRS for finished cars are operated in Japan.

The finished cars in ASRS is deemed as parts of car and not deemed as hazardous material like ammonia and cellulose nitrate in Japan. The cars has 2-5litters gasolines in it in order to transport the cars onto a carrier car, though.  Finished car is defined as a car after manufacturing and before sales. Therefore, ASRS is permitted in Japan to be constructed in compliance with the fire regulation applied to normal warehouses. On the other hand, there is no fire regulation in China for ASRS for finished cars. Shanghai fire bureau are wondering whether fire regulation for normal warehouse should be applied or fire regulation for hazarzou material warehouse. Shanghai fire bureau are concerned about possibility of fire as the case that fire occurs in future like the explosion in Tianjin in 2015. . Indeed, 6400 finished cars will be stored in ASRS. However, if the fire regulation for warehouse of hazardous material, they can’t construct ASRS at all. Accordingly, I would like to ask you whether or not finished has a risk to ignite. I think that heat( one the three elements fire needs to ignite) in this case is spark of battery or electrical parts. But I also think that such spark will not occur in finished car. I would appreciate it very much if you could tell us NFPA opinions on possibility of fire in finished car. I’m looking forward to your comments and information.apan. The cars has 2-5litters gasolines in it in order to transport the cars onto a carrier car, though.  Finished car is defined as a car after manufacturing and before sales. Therefore, ASRS is permitted in Japan to be constructed in compliance with the fire regulation applied to normal warehouses. On the other hand, there is no fire regulation in China for ASRS for finished cars. Shanghai fire bureau are wondering whether fire regulation for normal warehouse should be applied or fire regulation for hazarzou material warehouse. Shanghai fire bureau are concerned about possibility of fire as the case that fire occurs in future like the explosion in Tianjin in 2015. . Indeed, 6400 finished cars will be stored in ASRS. However, if the fire regulation for warehouse of hazardous material, they can’t construct ASRS at all. Accordingly, I would like to ask you whether or not finished has a risk to ignite. I think that heat( one the three elements fire needs to ignite) in this case is spark of battery or electrical parts. But I also think that such spark will not occur in finished car. I would appreciate it very much if you could tell us NFPA opinions on possibility of fire in finished car. I’m looking forward to your comments and information.

Attachments

Outcomes