Virginia Fire Prevention Association
Quarterly Report – Jul 1 through Sep 30, 2017
The Virginia Fire Prevention Association began July with a slate of new officers elected during their annual meeting in May. Those officers are as follows:
President: Elaine Gall
1st Vice-President: Duane Perry
2nd Vice-President: Jeremy Luttrell
Secretary: Gerry Maiatico
Treasurer: Shawn Maddox
At-Large Reps: Linda Hale and Jimmy Csizmadia
VFPA Board members have completed the following since July 1:
- An initial board meeting was held to determine committee chairpersons and committee members for the 2017-2018 organizational year.
- VFPA provided support to organize the first Virginia Code Education Conference in cooperation with six state professional code organizations. In addition, we supplied three instructors and educational programs for the conference held in July in Charlottesville, VA. Jeremy Luttrell, Gerry Maiatico, George Hollingsworth, and Elaine Gall participated in this effort.
- A newsletter was sent to the entire membership to introduce the membership to officers and activities ongoing around the state related to fire prevention. Gerry Maiatico was primarily responsible for gathering articles and coordinating the publication of the newsletter. VFPA received a great deal of positive feedback from its members related to the newsletter. It can be read by clicking this newsletter link.
- VFPA’s Fall Conference will be held October 22-24 in Wytheville, VA. 1st VP Duane Perry coordinated the planning for educational programs and networking events. Todd Garwood and Jimmy Csizmadia assisted with planning for this major event. The Conference Agenda may be found by clicking this agenda link.
- Linda Hale provided leadership for activities related to code adoption in Virginia. This continues to be a frustrating and challenging process which requires a huge time commitment.
Submitted by Elaine Gall, October 8, 2017