AnsweredAssumed Answered

Fire Water Storage Requirement in Plant

Question asked by Anirban Mandal on Jan 2, 2018
Latest reply on Jan 2, 2018 by nocivus
Need a suggestion:   
I have sprinkler systems in two warehouses (containing flammable pulp and fiber) in a plant  and hydrant and monitor system for rest of the plant covering other buldings, tanks, etc.  Now to estimate fire water pumping capacity and storage...
1. If I consider Sprinkler with deluge valve in warehouses and sprinkler water being tapped from hydrant header,. I have divided a warehouse storage area into hazard zones and considered one and two adjacent zones as active fire hazard, based on that I estimated sprinkler water requirement and that is the pumping capacity for the whole fire water in plant and two hours of that capacity is my fire water storage . is ok ?
2. Another option is I'll use automatic sprinkler without any deluge valve , considering it active on only one hazard zone of the one of the two ware houses , the sprinkler water pumping capacity or the pumping capacity of the whole plant fire requirement (including hydrants and monitors) and two hours of this capacity will be my total fire water storage of the plant.  
will it be sufficient ?
Please let me know if you need any other data. I'd appreciate a suggestion by today.  It's just for my personal knowledge.
Best regards,
Anirban

Outcomes