AnsweredAssumed Answered

Power to my barn

Question asked by ghammerstein on Jan 14, 2018
Latest reply on Mar 11, 2018 by jeffwaa

Power company connected power to my power pole which has an Eaton 200 amp main breaker.  I now need to run power to my barn.  Want to install a sub panel inside the barn. The location of where I will be entering the barn is approximately 15 to 20 feet from the power pole.  I know it's over kill but I'm wanting to install a 200 amp panel inside the barn for my workshop and potential living space above the barn.

I'm a little confused by the chart in section 310.  What size wire and type would I need to use and be able to bury it from the pole to the barn.  Whether direct bury or pvc .  Thanks do much.