AnsweredAssumed Answered

Strobe Sync

Question asked by kerrie on Jan 29, 2018
Latest reply on Feb 10, 2018 by binderfan

There has been a huge debate going on here in my company I would like to see if I could get your input on. When it comes to Strobes being in sync with each other (All I/We can seem to gather from the book is that if they are to be in sync if they are within viewing eyeshot distance of each other due to photo sensitivity and the possibility of causing seizures). Some technicians are arguing that this falls under the grandfather clause and that if the systems were accepted with non-sync by the AHJ previously, we cannot fail it for non-sync…?  I have a handful of technicians that are writing this up every day suddenly because they are newer inspectors and they are just trying to follow code…but like I said a huge group of them are arguing that we cannot fail systems for this that have always had non-sync. Code in the book seems to be a little grey in this area, what are your thoughts or interpretation of the code on this. Any advice you can give me would be greatly appreciated. I just want to make sure we are all doing the same thing across the board.

Outcomes