clevelandg

Fire Service Section – Why Should You Belong?

Discussion created by clevelandg on Jun 13, 2018

We all get asked to join various organizations, sections, etc. and many of us ask why?  What value do we get from our participation?  Well, I will be like everyone else asking you to join the Fire Service Section of NFPA.

Like any organization, you get out of it what you put into it.  Need information?  You will have access to quality content (Xchange, website, personal experience, etc.) when you need it. Don’t see it?  Contact one of the Fire Service Section Board members and you will be connected with the information or the right people at NFPA who will get it for you.  The Fire Service Section is a peer focused organization connecting you to what you need.  Have an issue important to you, give us a call or email, we would be happy to discuss it with you and provide the follow up you need.

The Fire Service Section board members are involved in the issues that you care about most; cancer, contamination, protective clothing, response and deployment, training, health and safety, whatever your issue may be.  Many of the board members have and are serving on technical and correlating committees or serving as technical advisors for past and present Fire Protection Research Foundation projects. 

Want to get involved?  We can help there as well.  The Fire Service Board looks for qualified, energetic members to serve on our board to support our members. There are plenty of ways to participate in the code and standards making process and we can help you get involved.  

We have lots of information we can share as well as a commitment to you, as a member of our section, to support and assist you. Have a question about the section or want to talk personally, please give me an email and I will be happy to give you a call!

Outcomes