AnsweredAssumed Answered

What is customary and ethical for a small fire alarm inspection?

Question asked by scott.shipton on Oct 5, 2018
Latest reply on Oct 6, 2018 by scott.shipton

What  is a customary, ethical and professional charge for Doing a yearly inspection of a small fire system that has approximately 10 pull stations five interior horns\strobes and one smoke detector? Our church (small church build area of 10,000sq ft.) had a recent inspection and I will not embarrass the company that did the work but we received a bill for $2500 for less than one hours worth of work… I was bowled over as having this done yearly, an inspection of a small fire system that has approximately 10 pull stations, five interior horns\strobes and one smoke detector? Our church had a recent inspection I will not embarrass the company that did the work but we received a bill for $2500 for less than one hours worth of work… I was in shock... and furthermore we didn’t called to have it done,  they didn’t tell us what they were going to do it for and they’re probably not gonna be allowed back in our building… I will rip out their system and put a new one in and renegotiate with someone else. I just wanted to know what was customary fair and professional for a very small system all on one level too! 

Outcomes