AnsweredAssumed Answered

NFPA 70E PPE requirements?

Question asked by escherm on Jan 15, 2019
Latest reply on Jan 18, 2019 by tranzz4md

I run a service department that works on bakery equipment.  The machines are mainly 220 volts but some are 480 volts incoming power. We have PPE for CAT 2 (coveralls, hard hat, rubber gloves, leather gloves, face shield).  The problem we are running into is that we travel all over the country.  So flying with all of this equipment, plus tools and cloths is expensive and cumbersome.  I am wondering if there are less cumbersome solutions which still follow the proper guidelines?  Has anyone else run into this issue and if  so what have you done?  The main issues are the hard hat and face shield.