NFPA 101 2012 Edition 22.214.171.124.2 (5)
- Does (5) mean the switch controller is to turn on the motion lights when the fire alarm system is activated or just function with the motion sensor during motion to the device during the fire alarm activation?
Unless prohibited by Chapters 11 through 43 automatic motion sensor–type lighting switches shall be permitted within the means of egress, provided that the switch controllers comply with all of the following:
(1) The switch controllers are listed.
(2) The switch controllers are equipped for fail-safe operation and evaluated for this purpose.
(3) The illumination timers are set for a minimum 15-minute duration.
(4) The motion sensor is activated by any occupant movement in the area served by the lighting units.
(5) The switch controller is activated by activation of the building fire alarm system, if provided.