Hello, I am looking to lease a building in Duval County, FL. This building does not have an existing Fire Sprinkler System. Is this a requirement in Florida? What is the code? Do insurance companies require a system?
Do you plan to use the building as is?
Do you know what type of business was in it last??
and are you going to do about the same type??
Normally, you can use the building as is, unless there is a change of occupancy.
I apologize, The building does have a current Automatic Sprinkler System. Are there any additional requirements or codes specific that require anything additional in Florida?
Are you occupying the entire building?????
1. Normally it has to be monitored offsite, which should be done already, you just have to get it in your name.
2. If you move/ add walls, normally the sprinklers have to be added/moved.
3. If you have a good size storage area, I would ask what you are storing and how, plus is the fire sprinkler system designed for this.
Any specific questions?
We will occupy the entire building.1. It will be monitored.
2. No alterations to the building are planned.
3. Storage will be a majority of roofing products (on pallets).
If I was looking at the building, I would ask to have a fire sprinkler company or Fire Protection Engineer assess the fire sprinkler system for what you want to store and how you want to store, and give me a letter as to if the system can handle it.
Retrieving data ...