Proposed by-law change for consideration at the June 14, 2020 IFMA Business meeting in Orlando, FL at 3pm.
- Pursuant to Article 6 of the Regulations Governing NFPA Sections, effective as of March 2020, the NFPA Board of Directors has granted the International Fire Marshals Association (IFMA) membership Section approval to take, adopt, publicize and promote policies, positions or resolutions on, or with respect to, the following fire and life safety issues as related to authorities having jurisdiction:
- In support of the incorporation by reference of NFPA codes and standards
- Against the modification of NFPA codes and standards in regulatory or incorporation by reference activities
- In support of or against local, state or federal legislation
- In support of a fire or life safety issue approved by NFPA management
- The Model Fireworks law.
All such policies, positions or resolutions shall in each case be (1) consistent with then-current NFPA positions, policies and Educational Messaging, and (2) approved by a majority of the Executive Board of the IFMA membership Section and issued by the Executive Secretary of the Section.