AnsweredAssumed Answered

NYC (R-2)

Question asked by on Apr 22, 2020
Latest reply on Apr 24, 2020 by tmaktenieks

My project is a high-rise mixed use with retail spaces on the cellar and first floor levels, the building is designated (R-2). The retail spaces were purchased by one owner for a charter school. The school and residence are separate with separate means of egress.

I have a few questions:


1.   The residence is R-2 occupancy hazard. The charter school is E occupancy occupying the cellar and first floor levels with one stairwell. Is a standpipe required?

2.   Can anyone direct me to the NYC Fire Code reference, NFPA Standard or Building Code that governs fire sprinkler/standpipe design per my conditions