The Advantages of firesafetycloud.com in Fire Safety Management.
The consequences of poor fire safety practices and a lack of emergency planning can pose a serious threat, not only to the building and occupants, but also to the community and environment in the event of an emergency. In an effort to prevent fires and minimize the damage when they occur, a Fire Evacuation Plan, should be developed. It is a detailed document designed to deal with all aspects of fire safety relating to a specific building and property. As such, it becomes a reference manual outlining safe fire safety practices that will routinely be practiced by the owners and occupants of the building.
A Fire Safety Plan should be designed to achieve five objectives:
- Fire Prevention – To prevent the occurrence of fire through the control of fire hazards and the proper maintenance of the building’s fire protection systems and facilities.
- Documentation – To provide a central reference to record the inspection, testing, and maintenance activities thereby providing proof of due diligence and compliance with all safety standards and codes as they apply to that particular building as outlined in the plan.
- Occupant Safety – To establish a systematic method for safe and orderly evacuation of the building in the case of fire or other emergency.
- Fire Control and Extinguishment – To establish procedures that will maximize the probability of controlling and extinguishing a fire in the safest and most efficient manner by the attending fire department.
- Pre Incident Plan Information – This is provided to the attending Fire Department upon review of the plan to include in their operations records. This information should be updated if there is any significant changes in hazardous processes, storage of dangerous goods, or changes in the structure that might present a hazard to attending Fire Departments.
To achieve those objectives, select personnel must been trained & assume supervisory duties to:
- Effectively implement this fire prevention program.
- Ensure compliance with inspection, testing and maintenance schedules.
- Direct and assist the orderly movement of occupants in the event of fire.
- Perform evacuated occupant control until the fire department arrives.
- Review and evaluate the plan and make any changes to keep it current to the buildings and site contents.
The design and implementation of a comprehensive fire evacuation plan can be a formidable task. The structure of firesafetycloud.com can be of great help in your efforts to compile a comprehensive and accurate plan and, after its’ completion, the management of that plan.
Creating Your Plan Interactively
With your free membership on firesafetycloud.com access to creating Construction Fire Safety Plans or Fire Safety Plans for completed or already occupied buildings is available. By choosing the type of plan you are creating, our interactive questionnaire will lead you through the necessary steps to address in your building and life safety systems assessment. There is also a section for the creation of the graphic content that your plan will require. Completion of the information can be done at your own pace and all records of your submissions are kept for you when you are ready to continue uploading your information prior to your final submission.
Managing Your Fire Safety Activities
This can present the greatest challenge in managing your fire evacuation plan. As well as the design and implementation of your plan, firesafetycloud.com offers interactive management tools that allow the recording of inspection and testing activities and the reporting of those inspections as well as the follow up of any items found to be deficient. Never miss an inspection again. Never fail to follow up on an item needing correction or repair. Items requiring follow up and their subsequent completion are communicated throughout your fire evacuation plan team members. Know what has been addressed. Know what is outstanding, for how long, and who is responsible. These tools were designed to help fire evacuation plan team members meet their obligations under the Fire Code and prove their compliance and exercise due diligence.
Additional Features Available on firesafetycloud.com
By posting QR or High Density Barcodes on your site (see sample shown below),
we have the ability to make information available to your local Fire Department on your buildings’ dangerous goods inventory and locations, as well as Fire fighter hazards and fair weather drone footage to aid first responders in identifying structures and critical site components in winter conditions. This is strictly optional of course, but is there if you choose to implement such a strategy.
Consultants, fire safety testing companies, property managers, OHS consultants and building management professionals as well as strata councils can all benefit from the resources available on firesafetycloud.com.
Mark Ogden CFI, RFPT is the president of Manx Fire & Security Ltd and is responsible for the concept and design of firesafetycloud.com. With over 20 years of fire safety management experience he aspires to bring fire safety management resources to a greater awareness and larger global market.