I would like to check with regards to the underground, above ground and sprinkler piping to be used.
- Is there a requirements to use Galvanized piping for fire ring main hydrant system as per NFPA guide lines?
- Are cement lined pipes recommended as water authorities generally require ductile iron for underground pipes?
- As for Galvanized Iron (GI) ‘C’ pipes are up to 6” only and will need additional protection - eg wrapping (corrosion resistant tape)
- Is there any requirements as per NFPA that for underground pipes of more than 8” - 16” shall be of Hot Dipped Galvanized if the “Secondary” water source is using sea water and will be flush after used?
- Is there a requirements in NFPA on the design and operation temperature for fire water piping?
Appreciate your confirmation.