Skip navigation

News

Forums
hshengst
Can anyone offer a better explanation of this entry?   "NFPA13 A.8.6.7.1: Ceiling features in unobstructed construction that are protected by sprinklers in the lower ceiling elevation when the higher ceiling elevation is within 12 in. of the deflectors or greater for sprinklers with greater listed distances from the higher ceiling should not

imensassitra
Hi all! Can anyone tell me how to determine the maximum fire water flow required for the protection of an air separation unit? Thank you in advance.
Blogs
cathylongley
No one knows risk and the consequences of poor or no action better than first responders. Afterall, the incidents and accidents that they respond to often occur because the general public was complacent in some way, and didn’t take action for their own safety. They may have ignored common sense or basic safety tips during cooking, grilling,
Blogs
cathylongley
Effective this week, NFPA has a new local representative who will oversee the overall regional planning, direction, coordination, and support of international development functions in the Middle East and North Africa (MENA). This role is a natural step for Anas Alzaid, who has been a longtime advocate for NFPA codes and standards. An electrical
Top & Trending
abarrantes
Hi There , I got fiber glass pole, in a parking lot , I need chance the regular light for LED, but someone said , I cant chance the all filter , just because the pole, anyone knows ,about the code , I got the NEC 2017 , where I can found the anwer
Top & Trending
chiefns830
Is it saying ALL the A-occupancies described in 518.2, or just the ones that are listed???   (Handbook is no help) thanks in advance.         406.12 Tamper-Resistant Receptacles. All 15- and 20-ampere, 125- and 250-volt nonlocking-type receptacles in the areas specified in 406.12(1) through (8) shall be listed
Top & Trending
ron.bethea
Section 695.6(A)(2) of the 2017 NEC requires conductors that connect "directly" to an on-site standby generator to comply with all of the following: (a) Independent Routing, (b) Associated Fire Pump Loads (c) Protection from Potential Damage, (d) Inside of a Building. Does that mean that feeder conductors from an on-site generator protected in