Skip navigation

News

Forums
strileckis
Hello, I am looking to lease a building in Duval County, FL. This building does not have an existing Fire Sprinkler System. Is this a requirement in Florida? What is the code? Do insurance companies require a system?

anthony.arellano
If a water curtain is installed, what is the equivalent fire separation rating?  any related code for a Water Curtain sprinkler spacing with a grid installed sprinkler spacing?
Blogs
lcapland
If you were thumbing through your social media feeds over the last few days, you might have seen it: with a little humor and a great hat, Richard Trethewey from This Old House demonstrated how sprinklers work in a video that was posted on the show’s Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter pages.   All lightheartedness aside, in the
Top & Trending
rbandura
5 Year Reassessment Due--If there are no changes in the electrical system distribution from Utility provider to end user.  No new equipment, single-lines remain the same, available fault current from Utility provider remains the same and the existing labeling meets all the requirements of 130.5 (H) 2018 Edition.    QUESTION 1--
Top & Trending
cjajh
The question: NFPA 1221 4.5.2, The communications center and spaces adjoining the communications center shall be provided with an automatic fire detection, alarm, and notification system in accordance with NFPA 72.   1) Does this citation indicate a requirement for an automatic fire detection, alarm, and notification system, IAW NFPA 72 for
Forums
Steve Benton
I thought that I would open up a discussion where viewers of this thread could share what they perceive to be the greatest electrical safety concern that they encounter or perhaps the most frustrating electrical safety issue that never seems to get resolved. Having been in the electrical field some 37 years I can say with great confidence that
Top & Trending
mhostetter
Hello all, Our property (large sports venue) has multiple camping lots that are used for event weekends a few times each year.  We currently separate RV camping from TENT camping, primarily because of the risk of Carbon Monoxide poisoning.  I have been asked if one of these lots can have both RV and TENT camping if a sufficient